Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
Like every skill and piece of gear in game...there's a trade-off...

Template combat stagnancy is the worst fate of an MMO ... So I'd rather have quirky gear that requires specific approaches to be effective than uber-all-for-ones...
actualy the tradeoff is admiral required. thereisa reason a lt. or lt.com doesnt have access to this. the joke about it isvery simple. even when used in PvE and perfectly timed, it will still do less damage then photons or quantums over the same amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ebert View Post
The difference with the tricobalt is it has a few km aoe damage radius and doesn't hit just one ship. If you fire it into the middle of a fleet, it will damage almost all of them. (those in the centralized cluster). That's where it's benefit is over other torpedoes I would guess.
i tested it against bunched up low levels.. aoe damage is a joke. if the shields are up this piece of **** hits for maybe 500-800. but the biggest joke about it is. if it doesnt get stuck halfway, its mostly getting shot down.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zish View Post
actualy the tradeoff is admiral required. thereisa reason a lt. or lt.com doesnt have access to this. the joke about it isvery simple. even when used in PvE and perfectly timed, it will still do less damage then photons or quantums over the same amount of time.
Well...I see at least one person in this thread alone, who uses it and loves it...

So why tell them not to use it?

Since when is being Admiral a trade-off in a game made up of 90% power-leveled admirals? =D
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
Well...I see at least one person in this thread alone, who uses it and loves it...

So why tell them not to use it?

Since when is being Admiral a trade-off in a game made up of 90% power-leveled admirals? =D
nevermind. just tryit yourself if you want to comment on it when you bought it and tried it in pve and pvp, i am happy to hear your opinion. just consider yourself warned.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 03:12 PM
So don't get it. There's tons of torpedos types and I don't see anyone crying about chroniton or plasma. They just work differently, use which ever one works for you.

Wow.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
So don't get it. There's tons of torpedos types and I don't see anyone crying about chroniton or plasma. They just work differently, use which ever one works for you.

Wow.
Well. it takes two days of missions to get one, so maybe the OP was just lending his opinion so others who are undecided can make up our own minds.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I would like to see how it works when used to follow up a souped up Tykens into a blob in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the insight. I might still get one just for the lulz, but seeing how they are difficult to use I don't think I will adapt it as main-weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Horrifying news: this game takes strategy. Unlike other games you dont just stand there and trade hits with the mobs...

Just saying is all. >.>
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I placed mine on my science ship. Viral matrix and this make a good combo.