Lt. Commander
# 1 Cargo Space
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a question, being a fairly new player I'm figureing stuff out as I play with some reading mixed in. If you get a bigger ship do you have more space to store items? I mean if you got a big ship you should have lots of cargo space right? Because I'm runing out of invintory space. Though I keep seeing mention of a bank in the threads, wheres that at?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDltc34 View Post
I have a question, being a fairly new player I'm figureing stuff out as I play with some reading mixed in. If you get a bigger ship do you have more space to store items? I mean if you got a big ship you should have lots of cargo space right? Because I'm runing out of invintory space. Though I keep seeing mention of a bank in the threads, wheres that at?
Yes. you get more Inventory space with higher tier ships. If you're on Earth Spacedock, just keep running around the circle and you'll come to an area with a lot of glowing consoles. If you approach one, you'll be able to access your Bank space, and/or your Fleet's Bank space. And also your in-game email.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Cool thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxguy View Post
Yes. you get more Inventory space with higher tier ships. If you're on Earth Spacedock, just keep running around the circle and you'll come to an area with a lot of glowing consoles. If you approach one, you'll be able to access your Bank space, and/or your Fleet's Bank space. And also your in-game email.
actually increased cargo space is a side effect of rank as opposed to ship class. Your inventory doesn't decrease if you go back to an earlier/smaller ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, to be pedantic, you get more inventory space with each promotion, rather than with each bigger ship.

My advice - be fairly ruthless with stuff you acquire. Food can go to your equipment device slots, though you'll rarely need/use it, and bridge officers just eat/drink straight away, so I drag it to the replicator as soon as I get it.

Likewise, most ships' batteries are useless - I use shield and weapon ones. Vendor the rest.

You can store stuff in the bank, and for "emergency" storage, you can also mail stuff to one of your other characters (you need to be at a mail station to do so - there are mail terminals beside the bank terminals in Spacedock.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thail.DL View Post
actually increased cargo space is a side effect of rank as opposed to ship class. Your inventory doesn't decrease if you go back to an earlier/smaller ship.
I did not know that. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxguy View Post
I did not know that. Thanks.
N/P

On a side note if you never rank up... your inventory stays piddly even if you are level whatever. or so I am discovering.