Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Am i missing something? because i can assign autofire to any two weapons i want, yeah its only two but i just put it on the beams and i don't have to smash anything.

Just right click on the skill in the bar and the edge should glow green so you know its on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Just to make my stance clear.. we should be able to automate all beam weapons.. nothing else.. it would cut down on the spacebar spam 100% and would not detract from the strategic aspect of the game in any way
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Only 2 issues i have with this game are the space bar mashing (moved torps to mouse 4) and the action house is really crappy.

If those 2 items were fixed i would be one happy trill.

Why my ships computer/boff's are so stupid that they can only auto fire one dam turret is beyond me. Your weapons should auto fire. even in many other games the primary attack is auto fired. Hunters, wands, guns of ALL types in EvE, ect.

the way it is now is going to ruin my hand and my G-11 and that is not cool.

2c
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5x5
Only 2 issues i have with this game are the space bar mashing (moved torps to mouse 4) and the action house is really crappy.

If those 2 items were fixed i would be one happy trill.

Why my ships computer/boff's are so stupid that they can only auto fire one dam turret is beyond me. Your weapons should auto fire. even in many other games the primary attack is auto fired. Hunters, wands, guns of ALL types in EvE, ect.

the way it is now is going to ruin my hand and my G-11 and that is not cool.

2c
again i repeat my post

You can select ANY two weapons to auto fire you want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaMalDoran
Am i missing something? because i can assign autofire to any two weapons i want, yeah its only two but i just put it on the beams and i don't have to smash anything.

Just right click on the skill in the bar and the edge should glow green so you know its on.
Escorts (and higher level ships) have more than one front/rear weapon set to beams or cannons. If you're playing a cannon escort with rapid fire, for instance, you must mash the spacebar every second. This gets old quick, and is wrecking my keyboard (and fingers).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
Seriously my thumb is getting tired of wacking the space bar EVERY SECOND to fire my phasers.....if you want to prevent PHOTONS/MINES from auto firing i'm fine with that they should be used tactically and in cannon you only have so many on board.....phasers/disrupters/cannons don't use ammo so there is no reason you can't tell your tactical officer to fire at will with these kinds of weapons......SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY GETTING TIRED OF 1 SECOND SPACE BAR INTERVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID FRACKING "FEATURE"

hitting the space bar to fire phasers has nothing to do with tactics, it has nothing to do with playing smart/making decisions......it's simply a wack-a-mole operation that is going to kill my space bar/thumb. I'd rather be able to focus on adjusting my power settings/heading and determining when/what BO power to be using.

i know already to many of these threads, but APPARENTLY the devs aren't listening.



--I knew it, i'm surrouned by *******s......KEEP FIRING *******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phasers have a 4 second cool down (not sure if it's global, I've never had more than 2 phaser banks: 1 for and 1 aft), so press it once every 4 seconds, or swap to torpedoes with 6+ second gcd's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann26 View Post
Phasers have a 4 second cool down (not sure if it's global, I've never had more than 2 phaser banks: 1 for and 1 aft), so press it once every 4 seconds, or swap to torpedoes with 6+ second gcd's.
Escorts (and higher level ships) have more than one front/rear weapon set to beams or cannons. If you're playing a cannon escort with rapid fire, for instance, you must mash the spacebar every second. This gets old quick, and is wrecking my keyboard (and fingers).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
Escorts (and higher level ships) have more than one front/rear weapon set to beams or cannons. If you're playing a cannon escort with rapid fire, for instance, you must mash the spacebar every second. This gets old quick, and is wrecking my keyboard (and fingers).
And I'm a captain r8 in an exploration cruiser, I still only have 1 for and 1 aft phaser bank. I threw away the second ones that came with and added torpedo bays. I'm an engineer so I dunno where all this spacebar mashing comes from.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann26 View Post
And I'm a captain r8 in an exploration cruiser, I still only have 1 for and 1 aft phaser bank. I threw away the second ones that came with and added torpedo bays. I'm an engineer so I dunno where all this spacebar mashing comes from.
If you're playing a cannon escort with rapid fire, for instance, you must mash the spacebar every second. This gets old quick, and is wrecking my keyboard (and fingers).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
If you're playing a cannon escort with rapid fire, for instance, you must mash the spacebar every second. This gets old quick, and is wrecking my keyboard (and fingers).
You can still try to have 1 fore and aft phaser bank, and the rest of your weapon slots torpedoes instead of a cannon escort... or continue to wreck your keyboard and fingers.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 AM.