Lt. Commander
# 21
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexks View Post
I do believe NCSoft is the company that added the Difficulty slide to CoX not Cryptic. As far as I'm away Cryptic has never had a difficulty setting feature in any of their games.
Nope, it was there long before Cryptic sold CoH to NCSoft - at least 2 years by my count.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Of course, we want a proper difficulty slider. This is just a temporary solution.
thanks you said it for me. I didn't come up with this idea and I'm not presenting it as a valid solution to the problem. I just stumbled across the thread buried way down the list and am trying to get it more attention so I retitled the thread to something a little more eye catching and posted the link. Also I'm shamelessly campaigning for more challenge and I'm hope that when devs see the community going out of their way in creative ways to intentionally raise the difficulty, like the guy leveling without spending any skill points or the guy that tried missions with shields unequipped they'll realize there is a problem and take steps to fix it.