Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I like the fact they dont listen to people in the forum, thats main reason I got a lifetime.

They do things right, not customized to a small percent of people.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 07:56 PM
The good people you meet, they are out there. I also love some of the quests that are really quite good. The whole undine infiltration plot quests are interesting. The mission episode "Trapped" was well done; I liked the darker tone in that one. Trapped gave me the impression Hirogen are like Predator aliens from the movie with said name, where trophy skulls from other hunted alien species adorn the interior of the ships hull.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I like the ground combat system. I wish the ground combat encounters were more challenging, but I like the system a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nturchin View Post
I like the ground combat system. I wish the ground combat encounters were more challenging, but I like the system a lot.
The pve is not too bad really, I enjoy picking my bo skills and gearing them and all.

The ground pvp however, is terribad. Everyone just uses an expose attack then an exploit and yer dead so fast you don't have time to do anything. It's lame.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 08:15 PM
I like the away missions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Time for my usual copy/paste

* Powerful characters editor
* Beautiful space, beautiful planets
* Casual friendly and fun
* Very good space combat, fun as hell
* The bridge officers make you feel you're the captain, great addition to the game
* A lot of Trek references, sometimes even obscure ones (favourite B'Lanna's food in the replicator )
* Very good episodic content
* I know a lot of people disagree, but I enjoy the ground combat too, I like to see my boffs in action
* Cryptic really listens, even if they can't do everything we want here and now
* I like some members of Cryptic very much (Gozer, Kestrel, Wishstone are my favs)
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
Whenever warping out of a system, I've adopted Picard's habit of pointing forward. I don't say engage, but I do the finger thing.
Well, I've been known to say engage a few times, but normally I point ahead and say, Make it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieone
like the episode missions a lot. they seemed to always have a very good story to them.
space combat is good.
also like how the pvp is set up. never cared for open pvp areas in mmo's they tend lead to gank fests. structured pvp like this game has is more enjoyably. addding a ladder sysytem both for indivisual players and faction would both add purpose to pvp.
Well, I agree about the episodes, but I HATE the queued PvP system. It's entirely meaningless. Why am I fighting klingons, besides trying to get badges? There's no storyline reason. What I do makes no difference, if I die, there's no penalty, if we lose the match, there's no penalty, and vice versa.