Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
You're kidding right? I zerged through those guys just like any other ground combat. Here's a hint, keybind the command to set the team's target to a mouse button, press button, mash 1 and 2, win.

If you're bored you can have your team shoot at him, then you run behind and flank and exploit him in the ass. The only time I ever die in ground combat is when I'm reading forums while pressing 1 and I don't see that I'm standing in 3 plasma fires.

-/flea
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Actually, I think their damage skips shields completely...

Aside from that, when I see one, I have everyone target it. Me and my BOffs just dump everything in to that target and kill it asap. Its clones disappear when it dies.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Actually, I think their damage skips shields completely...
Yes, that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Aside from that, when I see one, I have everyone target it. Me and my BOffs just dump everything in to that target and kill it asap. Its clones disappear when it dies.
Yes, you ignore his squad and his pink doubles and focus on him alone. It takes 1-3 exploits depending on a couple of factors (+/- to you, shield ignoring damage he is taking) to take him down. Rifle butt is your friend, so get in his face, and have a hypo on your bar for when your health gets low.

While I'm still not keen on telepathic attacks in Star Trek, I can always pretend its some other form of shield ignoring damage. After all, I can pretend my BO'ffs are competent.