Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Mines not black but sometimes shows the last thing I moved in my inventory and generally only when mouse over a ship or NPC. At other times it shows a cursor that looks like a desktop cursor even after it does the updating bad cursor or whatever it's called in the lower left corner as I'm loading. And at times it just disappears when I mouse over said ship or NPC. Sometimes ALT+Tabbing fixes it, and other times I just have to exit and restart the game. Which with the queues this weekend is something I'd rather not do.

Running the latest GTX 295 196.21 drivers as well. And no, I'm not going to go messing with my pointer settings to fix something in a game that shouldn't be happening...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Usually mine is either a pixely multicolored box, takes on the form of some of the mouse icons (could be an ability or item I clicked on, the stretching mouse icon for the chatbox, a targeting reticle) or the most annoying.. sometimes it just plain disappears.

Going into troubleshooting and turning on the software cursor fixes this problem but it has such a huge input delay that it is unusable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I have had a ticket in for about 10 days now about the mouse problems. I have the latest drivers I have the default window pointer I do not and never will use the cursor trail graphic. I have gone in and set to use software mouse and its so slow its impossible to use.

I get dual cursor, I get items that I just dragged from my inventory to ship or character showing up when looking at another ship or player. I get a small cursor that looks like a smaller version of the desk top mouse. I get the pixel box and the black box. If I alt tab out of the game if the mouse is semi working it stops working and i have to restart 3 or 4 times to get the mouse back.

Had this problem in open beta and still no fix or answer. Yes I did bug it in open beta and head start and still no answer from cryptic. Its getting very annoying.

I use Nvidia 295 card.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cider71 View Post
I have had a ticket in for about 10 days now about the mouse problems. I have the latest drivers I have the default window pointer I do not and never will use the cursor trail graphic. I have gone in and set to use software mouse and its so slow its impossible to use.

I get dual cursor, I get items that I just dragged from my inventory to ship or character showing up when looking at another ship or player. I get a small cursor that looks like a smaller version of the desk top mouse. I get the pixel box and the black box. If I alt tab out of the game if the mouse is semi working it stops working and i have to restart 3 or 4 times to get the mouse back.

Had this problem in open beta and still no fix or answer. Yes I did bug it in open beta and head start and still no answer from cryptic. Its getting very annoying.

I use Nvidia 295 card.
Likewise.. do ALL of us have a 295?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Has anyone tried adding -compatiblecursors 1 after the quotation marks in the target line of the shortcut?

right click your desktop shortcut for STO choose properties , select the shortcut tab, and in the target after the final quotation mark enter a space then type -compatiblecursors 1.

so the target should look like something this when you've done it right.

"C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -compatiblecursors 1

hope this helps.