Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Can I have your stuff?

Enough already. You asked for it knowing it was just being launched. You could have waited 6 months.

I have already gotten 50$ worth of fun counting the Open Beta where I advanced to Captain and to date since since Head Start. I will be Admiral tonight if the server ever gets back up online.

Even better I just invested in a VERY RARE Quantum Torpedo Tube tonight with +4 Crit Chance and +20 Crit Damage and I have already managed to purchase two Very Rare bridge officers.

Eat your heart out.

Glad someone has got to play more than five minutes tonight kudos.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
Ya, I got that too, with the side helping of condescension and hostility masquerading as sympathy. Who wants to bet his 'other' MMO is Quake 2?
most likely, anyway should I call the Whambulance or not?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
It's the lifetime members that are in the best position when downtime hits, since it doesn't really affect them as much as people who pay month-to-month. They'll always have the opportunity to jump on again 'later', whereas a person paying for 30 days of time have a limited amount of time to play during those 30 days, so your logic is flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallowraith
It's the lifetime members that are in the best position when downtime hits, since it doesn't really affect them as much as people who pay month-to-month. They'll always have the opportunity to jump on again 'later', whereas a person paying for 30 days of time have a limited amount of time to play during those 30 days, so your logic is flawed.
That is the price you pay.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for all the personal attacks. Looks like there are more players upset then those of you who'll defend a dud to the end.

Enjoy whatever you like. Personally I'd like to enjoy the game. Too bad it doesn't stay running long enough for most of us to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderrook View Post
Thanks for all the personal attacks. Looks like there are more players upset then those of you who'll defend a dud to the end.

Enjoy whatever you like. Personally I'd like to enjoy the game. Too bad it doesn't stay running long enough for most of us to do so.
I've been playing for days pretty much non-stop cept a few breaks here and there. I'm really confused about how you can say it's always down. I'm almost to captian and i just started playing since feb 1st. I seen the server go down a few times while i was playing. it happens on the best MMO's sometimes. Especially at launch. I mean seriously what did you really expect.. Perfection at the start... Nothing is perfect. If all you have to worry about is man I never get to play cause it's always crashing... well is it always crashing or does it crash say sometimes cause i can count the amount of times it's crashed during my playtime on one hand and i've played everyday since Feb 1st. and causally, cause i like to write stories in the captains log for just fun about my characters and a storyline for like my own star trek adventure...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderrook View Post

Dude it was running fine allllll day. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that.

This is the first downtime other than scheduled maintenance all week. For the launch of a new MMO that is very impressive. If your total game time consists of 1:00am-3:00am est one Friday every 2 weeks then you probably will not get much done in an MMO.