Lt. Commander
# 531
02-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
We are in the middle(ish) of the "lets make sure everything is working the way it should" phase after a maintenance.

I'm not sure what the ETA is but I'm betting on less then 20 minutes.

Then again space dragons are notoriously terrible gamblers
Thank you.

Hopefully the giant space amoeba will stop trying to snack on the servers.
Lt. Commander
# 532 I'm in
Servers Up
Lt. Commander
# 533
I'm in. See if I can wake up now
Lt. Commander
# 534
02-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBunBun
I think you're missing what I was referring to as the 'basis' of a worry about lawsuits.... it had nothing to do with downtime, it had everything to do with delivering on what was 'purchased' (uniforms/etc from colllectors edition, digital editions, etc) which is a whole different worry.

You're absolutely right that 'downtime' (a reasonable amount even up to days) isn't a real worry for them, its more 'truth in advertising' they can't say 'in this pacakge you get access to feature 'yyy'' and simply not deliver (and as soon as possible). THAT is what I was talking about. Even if you don't wind up in court you wind up with a TON of ****ed off customers because you sold them something they never got.
Oh I see that point.... But all y ou've be suing for would be the difference in cost between versions which ranges from $25-50... by the time people sued, these issues would be resolved.

.. and then what do u sue over "I couldn't use my custom costume for 2 weeks"

NONE of the retail perks give u a significant game play adv.. they are all "fluff" but yes people have paid for them.

However jsut because u can't get some costume isn't game breaking.. when it's available... you use it. I agree that cryptic admitted there was a key issue, but I believe after this patch, 95% of those issues will be solved.
Lt. Commander
# 535
02-13-2010, 12:10 AM
edited by Indigofyre: we shall save this discussion for another maintenance
Closed Thread