Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP idea...DS9
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I know it's a rip off from the show, but, I think a great PvP idea would be ripped straight from DS9.

Space - Fed's defending DS9 while Klingons (and maybe NPC Klingons) attack. Battle lasts for, oh, 5-10 minutes. If DS9 survives, Fed's win, if it blows, Klingons win. Though gotta give some sort of edge to it so not all Klingons focus on DS9, like having to kill a certain amount of Fed ships or something.

Ground - Allow ground fighting in DS9 itself, both NPC Klingons and player Klingons. Same time limit type thing. Maybe Klingons take control of an area, push back the Fed's, and it becomes a new respawn point.

I want something more tactical, more epic. Not just a reason to kill players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 10:03 PM
This actually sounds like a lot of fun. Although probably it would be more trouble than it's worth to have it take place at a Federation PvE hub like DS9 - a system in the Neutral Zone might be better.

My take: additional players can only join the ground combat segment if they get their ship within a certain range of the station, and that facing's shields on the station are down. (If there are no Klingons within 10km, the shield lowers periodically to let more Federation players beam on board) The station is broken up into sections that can be taken via standard FPS capture point mechanics. Once you're on board, if you're killed, you respawn on board at the most forward section your team controls for a set number of lives. If you die again after using up your lives, then you respawn back in your ship at your team's edge of the map.

Klingons win if they hold all the station sections, or destroy the station, by the end of the round.

Perhaps have control of the station lock for (some arbitrary amount of time - maybe an hour or two?) after every event, and have special vendors on board or something, so that there's an incentive for each faction to fight for it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
this was something another poster and i discussed in another thread...
you could do a space station like DS9 - call it DS12 for giggles put it on the border of the NZ and let people go at it for more then 5-10 mins - i say make it a 2 hour event - or around there.
no rare drops, maybe a few green ones - but the ultimate reward is a bonus to stats for the next week play time if you claim the victory...that way it participation for everyone and not just higher end players to get all the loot - you then work as a faction and not an individual.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskiblu
I know it's a rip off from the show, but, I think a great PvP idea would be ripped straight from DS9.

Space - Fed's defending DS9 while Klingons (and maybe NPC Klingons) attack. Battle lasts for, oh, 5-10 minutes. If DS9 survives, Fed's win, if it blows, Klingons win. Though gotta give some sort of edge to it so not all Klingons focus on DS9, like having to kill a certain amount of Fed ships or something.

Ground - Allow ground fighting in DS9 itself, both NPC Klingons and player Klingons. Same time limit type thing. Maybe Klingons take control of an area, push back the Fed's, and it becomes a new respawn point.

I want something more tactical, more epic. Not just a reason to kill players.
Yeah, that would be good. Player controlled stations that could be fought over would be good as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
I would make it two parts: First part, klingons have X amount of time to destroy the shield generators, at which point, if they are successful, they can then board the station and try to take ops. Basically Way of the Warrior, made into a pvp game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
Yeah, that would be good. Player controlled stations that could be fought over would be good as well.
It would be fun to have something like Faction controlled Stations all over the Neutral zone. If the attackers make it past the space stage... they beam down and do some ground combat for control of the station... with a huge PvP zone...