Lt. Commander
Thought I'd introduce myself. Joined a while ago mainly due to Champions Online but don't recall if I ever posted here before. Just picked up the game today and currently patching it. I hadn't planned on getting it but the more I watched videos of the game the more interested I became. It also helped that I'm Star Trek fan and can't wait to visit locations such as Deep Space Nine. This game being skill based it seems was an attention grabber as well. Stay away from any discussion of the game until now has been helpful I think as I'm going into it with a completely fresh mind other then the knowledge I gained from the tutorial videos I've seen.

Looking forward to meeting others in game and will post my character name when I finally make him. Trying to decide if I want to go with Human or an Andorians. Was never really interested in that race until they appeared in Star Trek Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the game, I hope that it lives up to your expectations!! it has for me.
we seem to have a great community, and in game support from other players.

oh and one last thing, Sulu is in the admirals office.

best of luck LT
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
welcome mate!
I suggest you ask our questions here, and not in the general forums. they are a wee bit bitter over there.

hope u have a blast!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks . Finally decided on human. Character's name is Orlandu and my current ship is/going to be U.S.S Daornthir.

I do have one question. I got to the point where one has to pick their first bridge officer before the server went down. My character is going to be a science officer. At this point can I pick any of the three selections and not hurt my development? Or should I pick tactical or engineer since I'm already science?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the forums! We're the cool forum, stick with us and everything will be alright.

And yeah, you can choose any bridge officer. You can buy 'em later on, so just grab whatever ya want for now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the game as much as most of us here in Ten Forward do. The 10FWD crew is a pretty awesome collection of people.

The game is still new and released a bit premature imo. But If you're patient and go in knowing that you may run into bugs here and there and random server crashes and have a basic understanding of the complexities of pc programming... you'll like the game just fine.

I haven't enjoyed an mmo this much in a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effect View Post
Thanks . Finally decided on human. Character's name is Orlandu and my current ship is/going to be U.S.S Daornthir.

I do have one question. I got to the point where one has to pick their first bridge officer before the server went down. My character is going to be a science officer. At this point can I pick any of the three selections and not hurt my development? Or should I pick tactical or engineer since I'm already science?
by the time ur done the tutorial...you will have had a chance to get all your bridge postitions filled...plus u can buy them easily enough. so take what ever one you want lol...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effect View Post

as Dekar said, they're easy enough to come by and fill as you go along. What I did was pick the BO's I wanted based on race and gender, then named them and made them look how I wanted. Once I had them set the way I wanted them to look and what not, I then gave them the skills I desired, as you can give them the abilities you want/prefer via the trainer, through other assigned, yet non-commissioned BO's and you can train BO's yourself that match your chosen class. There's really a lot of room to customize and set them up to your playstyle / likeing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Welcome! Have some fun and ask all the questions you need to.