Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Does this seem like an issue to anyone else?
My original plan was to roll a Klingon science officer. Once I discovered the Klingon race (along with most other KDF choices) are limited to tactical officer benefits, I was forced into creating an alien character with more science officer benefits. Perhaps if there were as many character options for KDF as Federation, you'd see less aliens running about.
Odd how this topic seems to be the majority census of the game: "Why doesn't KDF have nearly as much fill in the blank as Federation?"

.l.. Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Just give me a button to make all KDF players look like Klingons(i'll even accept the NPC non-Klingons)...then Im fine. I frankly can careless about seeing your wayward creativity expressed in the KDF...but thats just how I want to play.
This would solve a lot of the aesthetic problems. Make a Klingon look one of the default presets for Alien.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Random observation: If you want to make a TOS Klingon, you have to choose alien. That's another thing that never quite sat right with me.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
This would solve a lot of the aesthetic problems. Make a Klingon look one of the default presets for Alien.
Actually that's a great idea. I would go further make on preset a TNG Klingon the other a TOS Klingon. Going even further...make them the first two choices. People tend to click on the first thing they see and move on. Also I saw an awesome Klingon Liberated Borg while running around today....it made my day.

(Now guiltily goes to delete his Alien and re-roll so change the look to Klingon.....).
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Does this seem like an issue to anyone else?
Pretty much all the "races" abilities are ground based.. with aliens we get 4 open slots to pick our talents.. which for pretty much all kdf players.. means space abilities.

Or at least this is the line that i can draw to..
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Only one of my bridge crew is a non Klingon. His name is Talash he's one of my tact officers. The rest like me are true bloods!
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-13-2010, 07:18 AM
I don't buy into the whole "alteration" thing, ridgeless foreheads and all that bunk built into the story line. TOS Klingons had smooth foreheads because it was too expensive to do anything else with them. That's the reason Klingons replaced Romulans as the main bad guy in the first place (Romulans had to have ears glued on, Klingons needed no such costly additions). It's why the Romulans and then later the Klingons have a bird of prey.

I wanted my KDF guy to be an old school klingon (look like a human, goatee, gold shirt, sparkly black pants) and the only forehead options for Klingons included ridges and the hair all looked like dreadlocks! I wanted to make a guy you'd need a tribble in your pocket to know he was a Klingon, but it wasn't an option. So I was forced to make an alien so I could end up with the Klingon I wanted.

He turned out alright but I still ended up having to get stuck with Herman Munster boots with a horn on the toe. Ugh. And I can't erase those ridges on my Klingon bridge officers either. But worst of all, I don't have a decent top option for my Klingon ladies. Just the standard modern Klingon "top". I want the sparkly gold vest over the sparkly black long-sleeved shirt!