Lt. Commander
# 1 Max levels in fleet action
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I was in the starbase 24 fleet action for a while today and I noticed some players that were 10+ levels higher than me, and I was even too high to be in there.

It seems like maybe it would be more fair to the people that are in the correct level range if there were a level cap on fleet actions. If not you might have high level people camping the FA's to get blues to sell on the exchange when lower level people could actually make use of the blues for getting 1st place.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintster
I was in the starbase 24 fleet action for a while today and I noticed some players that were 10+ levels higher than me, and I was even too high to be in there.

It seems like maybe it would be more fair to the people that are in the correct level range if there were a level cap on fleet actions. If not you might have high level people camping the FA's to get blues to sell on the exchange when lower level people could actually make use of the blues for getting 1st place.

Just a thought.
Yeah... I agree with you. I did all my low level fleet actions today just to win all of the Blue items. I know... It is wrong of me but i have friends that could use them so I helped out. Anyone would methinks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 12:28 AM
I go in those from time to time just for my own amusement. Don't give a damn about the loot (if you're going to fleet actions for loot, you're doing it wrong, cuz you'll get better stuff so much faster just by soloing the missions and the missions themselves are not that hard).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 12:40 AM
yeah it can get very annoying. I abandoned them except for a change of pace here and there. Focus on memory alpha and badges instead. Cryptic prolly won't change the mechanics
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 03:24 AM
I don't think it's necessary to ban higher levels. It's instanced gameplay. Instead of having the same instance shared across all levels it should be easy enough to break it up at level and below -- level + 10 -- level + 20, and so on... The PVP missions already do level restrictions... well, some of them do anyways. That way the higher level people are in direct competition on their own instances and the lowbies can actually get the gear they need. Works out far better than 1 level+20 in each instance.

Edit:
Alternately the other popular thing for MMO's is decreased loot / no loot based on levels over the enemy... but I still like the idea of just sorting the instances by level much better.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 09:22 AM
I have not done a fleet action in awhile, but what was kinda fun..and just for grins I went into a defend Sirius Block mission and I was the only player in that instance. I took out all enemy squadrons on my own with my Heavy Cruiser.

I did not even accept it as a mission from Starfleet, just felt like blowing up Klingons.

They had ship slike -17 or higher in there, and I was swatting swarms like they were all Birds or Prey even if they were big battleships.

Good Times!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I've been in a couple of fleet actions with my LT6 character and have seen folks +17 to me. When I asked why they were there I got answers from, "Bored" to "Trying out my new weapons load out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower34 View Post
I and just for grins I went into a defend Sirius Block mission and I was the only player in that instance. !
Seems like this would be the perfect answer to either of those two situations. Although i truely think it has more to do with e-peen than anything else. I do especially enjoy the mid level Ltc's that are nice enough to link their loot from the fleet action in zone chat...classy