Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Thanks everyone for your contributions. This post proved very helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael102 View Post
I have only fought 2 space PvP matches granted as a klingon we seem to win more than we lose its not a walk over and the first klingon to uncloak dies and there is not much in the way of tatics.

I like ground PvP and have not lost a match since I hit LtC1 walls and kits mean there is more tatics but still needs a lot of love and a lot of extra features.
i have fought about 500 5v5 DMs +-30 (typo*edit)

Trust me, when its Premade vs Premade, its tactical, its hard, and the better team wins.

And its fun.

---

There is some abusive tactics when amassing too much of one skill, but those can be played around with, but its retarded that some skills can be used 2 timer or 3. (same skill chaining)
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
Ground PVP needs work. Agreed.

However, what they have right now is actually quite enjoyable; at least, for me. Sure, the one-shot KOs from the expose-exploit system they have going on is kind of "cheap", but it's a nice way to keep skirmishes short and succint. Without some form of one-shotting, no one would ever die.

And ground is a lot more even between the factions. Same kits, same gear (well, not really. Feds can potentially get better gear). Victory is determined by the amount of team coordination and experience of the players; victory is not determined by "who gets bored first" like in space PVP. That's one big difference.
I'll agree with this on the ground side. I like the wild west side of gorund pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
i have fought about 500 5v5 DMs +-30 (typo*edit)

Trust me, when its Premade vs Premade, its tactical, its hard, and the better team wins.

And its fun.

---

There is some abusive tactics when amassing too much of one skill, but those can be played around with, but its retarded that some skills can be used 2 timer or 3. (same skill chaining)
I'll completely agree with this. Soem of the most fun I've had in MMORPGs in years have been premade vs premade in this game. It's the reason I did a lifetime sub.

It has the potential to get much better in time. The player base will keep getting better in time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post
I'll completely agree with this. Soem of the most fun I've had in MMORPGs in years have been premade vs premade in this game. It's the reason I did a lifetime sub.

It has the potential to get much better in time. The player base will keep getting better in time.
yes in premade vs premade when people actulay have a clue about the game mechanic it gets really fun

but when i pvp with my premade in t5 on the kligon side all we seem to come across is feds who only have done pve and have no clue about how to play so the send looks omthing like 15-0 for the kligons and only 1 of the feds will have don any healing

so for a kligon whos maxed out other than the daily mission for the mark x sheild(only way we can get a decent one) there is little incentive to play as there is no meaning to pvp other than good games and when most feds are horrible at pvp there arnt any
which is why there are alomsot no kilgons fighting in t5
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2010, 12:10 PM
As usual : too much CC = boring PvP.