Lt. Commander
# 251
02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I am testing this game as well as many others and I feel like it was rushed out. The launch of an mmo is the most important date for the product. I know some of you are defending the launch as it is all a matter of opinion. Not only is an mmo competing with the the publics view and criticism as well as praise but also the publics experiences with other products (i.e. mmos that are out and their launchs or actual game play). This I give a 5 so far as I do like the gameplay concept and love Star Trek but I feel like there is lack of content(especially on the Klingon Side). I am giving it till the end of the free trial and if it doesn't look like they stepped it up Im sure I won't be the only one leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
Oh well. Civilization 4: Fall from Heaven beckons!
is that a new addon?
Lt. Commander
# 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuhne View Post
So we paid good money for a piece of poo that wont work proper?
So how about when you go to charge my crdit card it says try back later.
I thought the BETA was already done so weare helping to refine this poo?
We should get a discount or something for the hassle
LOL mmo companies don't do that. the game was forced out early, by contract, with cbs/paramount and cryptic had run out of funds for further development.

it was either this or NO ST game at all.. and then we wouldn't have seen one for years.

I'm happy to take it as is.. and by the end of this month , things will be smooth.
Lt. Commander
# 254
Why is it "unexpected"? It's gone down around the same time every Saturday since Headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 255
02-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBear
People dont realise that MMO companies do NOT compensate for downtime LOL - unless it's MAJOR.

For example if the game went down for 24-48hrs, then yes, cryptic would add 1-2 days to the free 30 day period people get.

Now who knows... for all the downtime (which hasn't been much at all).. the server is up on avg 18+hrs a day.. they might give people an extra day ot two
except it ALWAYS goes down for the afternoon on weekends, they just need to bite the bullet and say "Star Trek Online is available to play Monday through Friday, our servers are NOT available on weekends" and just not bother booting them after midnight firday
Lt. Commander
# 256
It's up. I'm in game.
Lt. Commander
# 257
Thanks for the break.
Lt. Commander
# 258
ha ! server on ?
Lt. Commander
# 259
02-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadoka
yeah all thoses saturdays what is one
A day off from work.
Lt. Commander
# 260
02-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramoto View Post
DEVS: I have one word for you: Redundancy

There is a reason the concept exists. Stop being cheap and get the correct hardware. The load has been outrageous even since Beta. Yes, you have a hit on your hands, now act like it and put in the correct hardware so we dont have to give up our weekend time checking on server status. Geez.

/Flameoff
LOL this has NOTHING to do with redundancy. The crashes (and if u talk to the devs in irc, they will tell you this), are related to database corruption under heavy load which eventually lags things out and eventually crashed. You can NOT have redundancy when data is being corrupted LOL. The server crash, then they have to spend 1-2 hrs cleaning up the database so we dont get rolled back 1-6hrs.
Closed Thread