Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Hmm. It's possible that it's not so much due to a lack of players willing to PvP on the fed side as it is that you end up with lots of pve missions that take you across multiple systems, each of which has extra missions in it, so you end up doing a whole lot of missions before finally getting around to pvp, and as a result, you just don't end up pvp'ing.

Don't lose heart. If you want you can play a fed and try and do pvp at that bracket - I've found it's entertaining regardless of side. I'll see what I can do to get a fed character in that bracket just to stay there.

lol, I just realized my new avatar is hilariously appropriate for what I just said.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Klingons in their current state (especially after the PvP xp nerf) are not worth playing. The only reason I'm even logging in the game is to do the daily quest - will only resubscribe once I see what the March patch is most likely - not paying them in advance for something I am utterly unconvinced of.

March patch will bring 2 essential things - a little endgame (raidisodes) for the few t5 Klingons still playing, and FvF. Neither of these address the core issues of the Klingon faction: painful leveling and no diversity in options.

A new player will have zero incentive to pvp or grind random mobs until level 45 so he can participate in the exact same content as the Feds. FvF also means that Feds will no longer be forced to PvP against Klingons (whom most don't understand and don't want to make an effort to improve - hence the mass amount of QQ on the forums), so Klingons will have even less options to level.

Welcome to a dead faction.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrin
not paying them in advance for something I am utterly unconvinced of.
And there is the problem they now face. In years past gamers would wait for promised updates but after repeatedly being burned the patience is no longer there. KDF players leaving the game before the 30 days free is up won't hurt them too much financially in the short term but it will hurt their reputation in the long term, one which is already bad amongst the MMO community.

Publishers need to get it into their thick skulls that the consumer no longer puts up with the crap they used to. The conveyer belt theory that a few of you have been mentioning lately may be lining their pockets for the time being but it is but a stop gap for the decay that's already set in.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
And there is the problem they now face. In years past gamers would wait for promised updates but after repeatedly being burned the patience is no longer there. KDF players leaving the game before the 30 days free is up won't hurt them too much financially in the short term but it will hurt their reputation in the long term, one which is already bad amongst the MMO community.

Publishers need to get it into their thick skulls that the consumer no longer puts up with the crap they used to. The conveyer belt theory that a few of you have been mentioning lately may be lining their pockets for the time being but it is but a stop gap for the decay that's already set in.
Seeing the rate at which they've been patching issues, and more importantly taking things slow and doing a little bit at a time, I'm conviinced they're doing things far better than even Blizzard, who waits until major patches to dump huge game-swinging nerfs on the playerbase while they correct minor issues, inevitably leading to more huge problems.

Cryptic so far has been patching a lot and doing it every few days, and keeping things minimal to keep an eye on how those changes affect the game. that's just smart. And very courteous of them too.

I got a lifetime sub to save myself money - and I'm thinking I'll be buying whatever they start selling in the cryptic store just to support this business model. If you think this is the typical crap mmo's do to their customers, man, I'm curious what kinds of mmo's you play, because I'm fairly certain this is the first graphical one you've dove into.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but this is a very good launch and a very solid product, considering the difficulties inherent in every single (graphical) mmorpg game launch since the beginning.

And just to clarify, I'm referring to UO and everything since. UO didn't even make it out of beta until Everquest had been released, but it started beta test prior, if I' m not mistaken. both games spent almost 3 years in development - way more than any mud.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I guess we are playing different games.

I have been getting into t2 pvp ground and space instances regularly. Hardly any wait. Maybe a bit longer than OB but everyone was in the same tier so there were piles of players.

I usually do an expanse then pvp, expanse, pvp......... Nealy T3
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Considering that at T5 there are 100 Feds queuing and only 3-5 Klingons - you might say that the Klingon side is depopulated. Basically almost every single Klingon that has the time and willpower to grind to T5 either rolls Fed or quits, there is no incentive to PvP when you can't improve on your character.