Lt. Commander
While recruiting a Very Rare Alien (my first), somehow my Rare MkVIII Shields and my MKVIII VERY RARE Poloron Split-Beam Weapon disappeared from my Inventory.

I don't know why Cryptic isn't fixing this bug. So far in the last few days I lost 3 Rare Weapons, Armor, my Ship's Shields, and even personal armor to this bug. And frankly, I'm just about tired of my stuff disappearing after working my butt off for them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I had a blue Mk VII power transfer turn into a green mk VI weapon energy item.

Yaaah

There is going to be some rage when peoples purples start disappearing. They are doing something wrong with their database. They must be caching or something and reverting when the cache is lost due to load. This should never happen (it is called atomicity Cryptic, a fundamental of database design, look it up). It has to be the worst possible bug for an MMO. People care about their stuff and the point of the end game is to get new stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure, but I think I might know the problem.

Seems the Bridge Officers share the same information as the Captain. So when I recruited the new Very Rare Alien Officer and was attempting to switch out his Standard Personal shield and Phaser, instead of grabbing those exact items, I somehow grabbed my personal shields and the weapon from weapon slot one.

So when I got the confirmation that I was deleting those very items (The Standard items off the Bridge Officer), I in fact was deleting my own gear. Which shouldn't be happening.

So this is definitely a bug or perhaps a lag induced bug.