Lt. Commander
# 11 Loading screen of death
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I have to agree with Claymori.

When this game first came out I had hardly any loading issue, now I find myself sitting for 10 to 20 min on some sectors and also when starting up the game.

I'm sorry to say that is going to be a on going issue I don't expect a lot of people to stick with this game. I know it's still new but these are issues the company should be fixing right away.

Also I have to say lowering my video setting really should not be a option. They put all these nice things in the game and now I can't enjoy them. That's not a option in my book.

I play wow and have my settings almost at max and have very few lag issues unless in areas where there are many players and still I can enjoy this game. STO I have yet to enjoy in the last 4 days as I have not been able to get into the damn game because of the 10 to 20 min loading issue. Come on Cryptic get this issue fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Stop trolling. A lot of people who have loading issues either have low spec computers, or badly configured ones, whether they like to admit it or not. Multiple avenues to rectify their problems ahve been given, and they all work.
So, making a valid post about something that a DEV posted is trolling ?
Where the **** did you learn your definition ?

Also, where do you get your facts from... or are you just making assumptions about peoples computers, have you seen them ? I for one build gaming rigs for a hobby, I've done so for years and learned a lot on the way, my rig is not badly configured, well up to date with drivers etc and scores 7.4 in Win 7 64, I am also running one of the fastest SSD's on the market to compensate for load times, and have 50mb broadband connection with guaranteed no traffic shaping. Now, inform me with fact and figures, why I got the same ****ing problems ?

Unless you have something useful to say on the subject at hand you cheesy ultimate fanboy, please shut yer big fat mouth, thank you !!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_R
I have to agree with Claymori.

When this game first came out I had hardly any loading issue, now I find myself sitting for 10 to 20 min on some sectors and also when starting up the game.

I'm sorry to say that is going to be a on going issue I don't expect a lot of people to stick with this game. I know it's still new but these are issues the company should be fixing right away.

Also I have to say lowering my video setting really should not be a option. They put all these nice things in the game and now I can't enjoy them. That's not a option in my book.

I play wow and have my settings almost at max and have very few lag issues unless in areas where there are many players and still I can enjoy this game. STO I have yet to enjoy in the last 4 days as I have not been able to get into the damn game because of the 10 to 20 min loading issue. Come on Cryptic get this issue fixed.

Stop comparing STO graphics and systems to wow. Theyre incomparable. WoW cant even run in 32 bit color for christs sake. The textures arent anywhere close to as intricate as STO's. Hell, you can run wow on full graphics on a single core machine with an old x1800 card
Lt. Commander
Wow 2hrs and counting and I still can't get into Sol to lower my game settings for a short amount of time. This is just depressing...I WANT TO PLAY STO, but at this rate I'll never be able to play again
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I was able to get in by hitting esc at the character screen. This will pull up the login menu, and the options button will be in the lower right hand corner. Otherwise I was stuck in Sol as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Stop trolling. A lot of people who have loading issues either have low spec computers, or badly configured ones, whether they like to admit it or not. Multiple avenues to rectify their problems ahve been given, and they all work.
OK my computer is somewhere between minimum and reckommended. And the graphics setting I have it on it plays great and looks awesome. I had to change one thing down from the recommended settings to play on ground missions but now everything is great.

Also there have been no avenues to rectify the problem. There have been work arounds. Turning down your video settings manually so you can load into Sol and then jacking them bqack up after you have zoned is not rectification its a pain in the rear end.

This is a coding flaw or a misconfigured hidden cache setting. The good news is there is a work around, and if some dev looks into it soon, we probably won't be talking about it much longer.

If someone doesn't want to continue paying monthly fees that is there perogative. There are a lot of people who havn't played MMOs, at least at launch. But this is a bug and it shouldn't be marked fixed and swept under the carpet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 06:45 AM
My game is still loading even with the lowest settings possible...how long should a game supported by single processor, Nvidia 275 Geforce GTX with 4 GB of ram on a XP SP3 computer load? Mass Effect 2 loads without a problem.

Edit: to be more precise, the game loading towards the SoI system because I finished the tutorial regarding the Borg ships yesterday and then quitted because of the huge loading time involved. Today, now the down-time seems to be over, I thought that I should continue where I left off.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah there may be multiple reasons why Sol takes a long time to load. However, I'm pretty sure its not a single cpu problem. This type of thing is normally a disk speed/memory problem. And since most people have more than enough memory it means its a coding/setting problem.

Still not fixed after last nights patch...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadok
...how long should a game supported by single processor...
Officially, Single Core is below the minimum specifications, but I run on a single core just fine.

There are 2 options in the graphics "Troubleshooting" tab that help single core systems, just read each option and select the one(s) appropriate for your system.

For instance, one option processes particles on the GPU, to help performance with single core CPUs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurdibus
Turning down your video settings manually so you can load into Sol and then jacking them back up after you have zoned is not rectification its a pain in the rear end.
Thank you, this is exactly my point, it is a pain in the ass. We are being told to do this by a dev if we want to play, but we are not being told when / if it will be rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurdibus
This is a coding flaw or a misconfigured hidden cache setting ......................................But this is a bug and it shouldn't be marked fixed and swept under the carpet.
Exactly, it's a bug (or at least a shortsighted programming / hardware configuration). Personally I feel that we should be getting better information about its rectification, not cheap excuses and workarounds. As another poster rightly stated, the loading problem was no where near as bad under OB.. Ok, I realise that improvements have been made to the graphics, sound, gameplay etc since then and much more has been added to the game, but it still shouldn't be this bad. Maybe I'm wrong, but the times I feel this worst is during peak / busy server times and I think the biggest problems are caused by server load issues.

Honestly, I want to see this game suceed, I like it, but I'm getting sick and tired of players / trolls / fanboys like Tedgp123 who are quite happy to brush all the bugs under the carpet and call players like me who call Cryptic on them trolls. I am not a troll, I am a paying customer who is not getting what I payed for, plain and ****ing simple and I want answers not excuses, quickfixes and blah blah blah !!