Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Title sums it up nicely, I cannot seem to distinguish what makes a green or blue (in rareity) bridge officer different than a stock one. Can someone point me to an article explaining, or explain it for me? Thanks!

~ Arch
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
look at the rank of the skills they come with, Like High Yeild Torpedo III etc...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-13-2010, 01:16 PM
So far only the traits are different (ie: a white will have all basic, a green will have one superior and a blue may have two superior traits.

The value of the traits is debatable however.

SOme people say that you can get higher ranekd skills in lower rank slots on a blue Boff, but i have yet to see it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I got a lot of rare BOs till now but never used one because till the day the only difference I see is in ground abilities. Like Resistance and stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalissa View Post
SOme people say that you can get higher ranekd skills in lower rank slots on a blue Boff, but i have yet to see it
That's what I had originally thought, but I'm beginning to doubt this factor of rarer BOs. I haven't seen this yet either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Their tooltips will often show rare MK III abilities. In practice, however, these abilities turn in to different abilities if you commission the BOff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
Their tooltips will often show rare MK III abilities. In practice, however, these abilities turn in to different abilities if you commission the BOff.
Yes! I'm not crazy!

I had received a green engineer (or science?) who had some sort of "target subsystem shields" and was excited to use that ability or to train it on my chief engineer. I selected him as my mission reward and *poof* ... all standard abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Should I assume this is a bug, or by design?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archamedius View Post
Title sums it up nicely, I cannot seem to distinguish what makes a green or blue (in rareity) bridge officer different than a stock one. Can someone point me to an article explaining, or explain it for me? Thanks!

~ Arch
Rare bridge officers may have either or both of the following:
  • Better traits (it seems there are three levels of traits - basic, the standard version available to captains, and superior)
  • Level III abilities that are not available from the bridge officer ability trainers

It has been mentioned in dev posts that they may have rare abilities that are not available to common bridge officers or from the bridge officer ability trainers. I'm not entirely sure whether that's a reference to the level III abilities, or whether completely unique abilities exist.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.