Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I am a Federation player, and I know how steep the learning curve can be. Having overcome that curve

"steep learning curve". Really?

Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashie
"steep learning curve". Really?

Quite right, edited to reflect what I really meant: steep learning curve in PVP (if coming from a PVE background).

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Well I'll be a fed post that tries to improve on what they have, gives tips and asks for feed back with out one OMG Klingon's are elitezors. I salute you and hope that others can learn from this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
This is a great POST. thank you. Unfortunately, the (alleged) spawn-camping has prevented me from actually ever getting to play any ground PvP. It is endlessly frustrating because I don't like PVE very much. I PvP in wow pretty much exclusively as a druid and priest; however, I haven't had the chance to flex my healing/debuff/sneaky science vessel/officer muscles.

The OP is awesome for posting this guide, though. It's helpful. I need to find a PvP fleet, maybe, who is as willing as the OP to share tips and such. I literally have not stayed alive longer than 2 or 3 seconds past spawning (ground) and seen no organization in space. That said, the learning curve being *steep* from PVE to PvP can only make the Feds better at PvP. It won't seem like it at first, but I have a feeling Fed Admirals in PvP will be especially viscous.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Excellent post, Matt. Well done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes, this deserves a sticky.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you for the feedback. Anyone know exactly how I can get this stickied, if enough people feel it should be stickied?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
A well-thought out and well-written post from a Feddie.

It's excellent from a "I'm just starting and I don't know what to expect" standpoint.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Superb post.

One thing I would add to reinforce the inroduction.

PVE is set up so that you will win 95%+ of the time. In PVP, you will ose 50% of the time against opponents who are your equal ,and more than that against opponents who are more experienced or more skilled than you. when you start out in PVP, almost EVERYBODY will be more skilled and more experienced than you.

Expect defeat, accept it gracefully, learn from it - and then you will find it happens less often. If, however, you go in expecting victory as your right (as you do in PVE) and throw your toys out of the pram whenever you lose, then you are going to find yourself disappointed and upset a lot of the time.

The best philosophy is to find joy in a well-fought battle, win or lose. It's sweeter to win, of course but even the best team can't count on that every single time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Nice , good job . Well written and concise.