Lt. Commander
I got to Lt Cmdr and chose cruiser which it said included the Constitution class (refit) and two others. Since I have the GameStop Preorder Connie I thought I would get some kind of choice. Nope. Seemed to have just been assigned a tier 2 ship. Is there any way to access a choice?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingpuma View Post
I got to Lt Cmdr and chose cruiser which it said included the Constitution class (refit) and two others. Since I have the GameStop Preorder Connie I thought I would get some kind of choice. Nope. Seemed to have just been assigned a tier 2 ship. Is there any way to access a choice?
In the Shipyard, go to the NPC that allows you to select your ship and choose your new one (Make Active). Then, talk to one of the NPCs that allow you to customize your ship and, well, customize your ship.
Lt. Commander

So, to answer my own question. You take the assigned ship. At the ship changing ensign on the lower level of the shipyard (usually a crowd of people around him) choose the new assigned ship. Click "set as current" in the lower right of the box. Then go to the ship tailor. Click. Up pops a box that gives you the three versions of the cruiser class that you can pick. Customize to your hearts content.

Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
After making your T2 cruiser your active ship, go to one of the ship customization NPCs and switch it to the refitted Constitution if you got an Excalibur or Vesper instead. Each new ship should come with one free customization.

Or if you're feeling particularly daring, hit the "advanced" button and mix-and-match ship parts and paint schemes. (I kinda like the look of Excalibur nacelles on an otherwise Constitution build.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:

So, to answer my own question. You take the assigned ship. At the ship changing ensign on the lower level of the shipyard (usually a crowd of people around him) choose the new assigned ship. Click "set as current" in the lower right of the box. Then go to the ship tailor. Click. Up pops a box that gives you the three versions of the cruiser class that you can pick. Customize to your hearts content.

Not so much a box, but a full screen interface with your new ship in the middle, but yes. And, as the poster above stated, click the advanced button and you can pretty much create your own design of the class. And don't be afriad to spend some time in that screen and customize it the way you want it. Your first ship customization per rank is free (except for the bridge).