Lt. Commander
I made lieutenant commander and got my first cruiser. I now have two engineers: one in the ensign position and one in the lieutenant position, but I can't seem to put any points into the lieutenant engineer's next rank skill. Why is that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
You find that out, you let me know too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
I made lieutenant commander and got my first cruiser. I now have two engineers: one in the ensign position and one in the lieutenant position, but I can't seem to put any points into the lieutenant engineer's next rank skill. Why is that?
Did you promote your Engineer to Lieutenant? If not, simply take care of that (300 merits, from the paper doll screen for the prospective officer).

If so, remember that skill point expense increase with each rank. Lieutenant skills require an expenditure of 100 Bridge Officer points per rank.

If THAT doesn't help... Color me jiggered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Did you promote him? You should be able to skill up any power up to the BO's rank to 9.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Have you promoted your Bridge Officers to the next rank? You can do this from the Bridge Officer's status screen (the "Promote" button at the bottom).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
First by a minute! Mwahahaha!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Thank you all! That was it exactly! I didn't know I had to promote them!