Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
If you use the medic kit and max the supporting skills, you can keep someone alive with the entire team beating on them. It constantly buffs their resists to all forms of damage, the heals are massive, and it rips off any expose effects if you time your Vascular Regenerator right. You can keep yourself alive for a while just hopping around, but not much else. You have the ultimate staying power though. People get tunnel vision because they can't kill you or a team mate and wind up getting outlasted and killed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Last night/morning I was doing ground PvP with the kit that gives Stasis Field, Thermeotic Radiation, and Tachyon Harmonic (or whatever that shield basher is). Most of them are single target skills and I found them to be far more effective than the aoe kits. It gets especially ugly when you get more than one science officer on your team with the kit. At one time, we had THREE science officers on our team that had Stasis Field. I admit, it was a little overpowered.

So, my vote goes to the single target kits now, they are just gloriously powerful and will probably get a nerf...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Tachyon Harmonic is AoE with a chancr to knockdown. The Blue Lt. Com tri-kit that uses it is pretty good...I hate to say it, but as a SciOff I sit back and spam it with the basic tri-coder debuff scan.

When ever I get the periodic expose, I just step in and fire my no-brainer split beam exploit attack...it always hits the exposed player without any thought or skill required...I just step out enough to get it shoot.

Frankly its disgusting and dispicable...but its the name of this sorry ground PvP model.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Tachyon Harmonic is AoE with a chancr to knockdown. The Blue Lt. Com tri-kit that uses it is pretty good...I hate to say it, but as a SciOff I sit back and spam it with the basic tri-coder debuff scan.

When ever I get the periodic expose, I just step in and fire my no-brainer split beam exploit attack...it always hits the exposed player without any thought or skill required...I just step out enough to get it shoot.

Frankly its disgusting and dispicable...but its the name of this sorry ground PvP model.

I find sitting in the back to be ineffective. I am usually near the front of the group, pushing forward.

People complain about the sit back and fire gameplay when getting all up in the enemies face is usually the better method, except for a few locations. The advances are sometimes slow and tactical while other times fast and chaotic, but you should always try to be pushing forward or you are going to get bogged down.

It isn't fun playing the "fire across the room till you get an expose" game, so just go out there and kill em. It is only as bad as you make it.

Sorry...I have been reading too much of these forums today and needed to get it off my chest :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
I find sitting in the back to be ineffective. I am usually near the front of the group, pushing forward.

People complain about the sit back and fire gameplay when getting all up in the enemies face is usually the better method, except for a few locations. The advances are sometimes slow and tactical while other times fast and chaotic, but you should always try to be pushing forward or you are going to get bogged down.

It isn't fun playing the "fire across the room till you get an expose" game, so just go out there and kill em. It is only as bad as you make it.

Sorry...I have been reading too much of these forums today and needed to get it off my chest :p
i dont last long running point, but I do sit right behind the offensive line, stepping out into the door way, spamming my kits and such athen dipping back for cover...until i get the expose, then step out to split beam.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post

Quoted for truth. Just to elaborate, the reason sitting, balled up in one spot doesn't work is because as soon as you kill someone, they could respawn behind you and flank your defensive position. It's important to stay together, yes, but it's far more important to move together. The good, coordinated teams are always on the move, but are together as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
Quoted for truth. Just to elaborate, the reason sitting, balled up in one spot doesn't work is because as soon as you kill someone, they could respawn behind you and flank your defensive position. It's important to stay together, yes, but it's far more important to move together. The good, coordinated teams are always on the move, but are together as well.
Exactly.

Wish you were still in my level range, but you have more free time than I do :-p

I will catch up one day, hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
... (On a related note, engineer shield heals don't count at all. Or at least, they don't register as "healing".)
Worth pointing out that this is the direct opposite in space pvp. Sci heals shields in space and it doesn't count as 'healing' for some bizarre reason.