Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Who anywhere thought making players sit bored to death 10 minutes out of every 20 was fun? I wonder how anyone thought much of the STO content is fun but this? If feels like they wanted to punish us for buying the game. Having to admit I got it sometimes feels like more than enough of that.

Does anyone know why this was done? It certainly wasn't to make the game more enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Time sink.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 09:04 PM
So you can sit there and take in the grandeur of the episodic content... oh wait... ummm yeah time sink... wouldn't want Klinks leveling faster than the Feds there'd be QQ's every where.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Because they hate you, or it's just a generic thing for how DSEs work and they won't change it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
Because they hate you, or it's just a generic thing for how DSEs work and they won't change it.
Yeh, I don't doubt that. I suppose it explains why there are so few Klingons though. Hmm actually everything about Klingons in STO pretty much explains why there aren't many. Since it's boring I decided to go wait in PVP lines instead. On the upside I now can replace Age of Conan as the poorest MMO I've played so far.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
actually if i aint wrong a DSE u can retake instantly.... wich is how a lot of fed powerlevel at this time..
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
actually if i aint wrong a DSE u can retake instantly.... wich is how a lot of fed powerlevel at this time..
That was changed.

DSE, or rather the "defend" missions that made you go into DSE's, were changed so that you can only take the quest that gives you the xp for it every 30 minutes. There were people who were using the "change instance" button to jump to another instance that isn't on the timer.

However, the klingon missions, are more like "explore" missions. However they function completly differently, with no instance jump button (not available on explore missions) yet when you go to a different "encounter" or section or whatever you want to call it, the timer is still rolling. It seems to be completely different than any of the fed side explore, patrol, or defend missions.

So at least there's a unique mechanic in place, but it seems to gimp klingons even more, as at least in the defend missions feds can still instance jump to finish these missions quickly if they have the quest for it. Or at the least, travel to another encounter, and be put into an instance that isn't on the timer. (but again, on fed side you can instance jump to one that isn't on said timer)