Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Sci officers are fine. They're the bloody tanks. Get a medic kit and spam heals on yourself. The big heal halves all incoming damage. Hey, with it I even survived an exploit attack once! Amazing!

But yeah, joking aside, they're pretty useless at actually killing anything since the worst kit they've got has a hold but not enough damage buffs to make use of that. Oh well, we can always join in the riflebutting idiocy, 10% chance to expose plus spam knockdown and holds! And can be used with every weapon in the game! Cryptic sure was nice to make sure the battlefield is just full of annoying CC all the damn time, yup.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay317
You can't exploit when you have 4 other klingons knocking your ass down... Trust me.. I'm banking on the exploit blaze.. but something is wrong when I hit that and the guy doesn't vaporize?
if they are within melee range, your engineer (mines) and science (AoE root, knockdown, etc) havent done their job

95% of fed engys use worthless deployable kits instead of mines
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I figured out the turrets = crap part on my own with my engy klingon (explosives for the win), but this was news to me:

Quote:
9) Target Next Exposed

There is a keybinding for this. By default I believe it's bound to "G". It targets the next exposed person. This is very handy. Although your split beam rifle will tend to guarantee that you can hit exposed people without aiming at them, targeting them first will guarantee the hit.
Holy bleep! Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Another thing that bugs me alot is the actual queueing. Like...last night I joined Deserted Facility. 5 feds 'n me, 0 klinks. I left after about 10 minutes. Next match was Assimliated Cruiser, 1 fed 'n me vs 3, then 4, then 6, klinks. I left when the score got to 6 for klinks, 1 for fed (yay for my exploit!...), another fed never arrived.

Makes ground combat alittle annoying ontop of all the player skills...or lack thereof.

Some fed pugs can be good. I still fondly remember one from OB, LtC range. It ended 40 to us, 38 to them. Both sides fought as a fairly coherent team 'n stuck together!
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay317
I know you trying to be helpful etc.. but you personally come off being an ass and one of the WoW arena freaks that always annoys the crap out of me.

Actually the Science officers can't use aoe damage kits kill t3 I think it was... so till then.. Sci officer kinda blow in ground pvp..
Too bad your wrong. Tachyon harmonic is available from lvl 1. Science officer ability tricorder scan is what, lvl 4 or 6?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Most engineers spam turrets, deployables and shields while their damage is utter **** the targetting system means if they stand behind them the tab targetting picks them up and I have to blow up theturret first which is as annoying as hell.

As many people have said Feds have PvE they probably use the same weapons and equipment in PvP as PvE where as klingons have only got PvP so everything is just about PvP holds, max damage and shields.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
Too bad your wrong. Tachyon harmonic is available from lvl 1. Science officer ability tricorder scan is what, lvl 4 or 6?
Tachyon is absolute garbage. Only works if they have a shield up, does like a sixth of their overall shield in damage, and the knockback is no better than that on most pulse rifles. And the sets it tend to be attached to are sonic pulse/triage, which is basically a single melee attack in PBAoE instead of just 180% forward, and the weakest heal in the game on the longest cooldown. Whoopee.

So basically, nobody in their right mind would be using that kit.

Only two viable kits are medic (healing yourself since the hot makes you sorta-immune to exposes for a short bit), and exobiologist (I think that's the one?) with the stasis field which can be used with stun phasers to be very annoying. Both of those kits lack any sort of punch though, so you only kill people who have no clue how to run or defend themselves, or more likely, by harassing them until your team focuses them down.

I personally chose medic all the time because as fun as the holds are, running up to them and mashing melee is actually worse by far, which every other kit WITH damage abilities will be doing to you anyways as you try and get off a stasis field.

Anyways, all this really means is ground combat is pretty garbage in design overall.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm curious, what tier are you talking about?

After hitting Admiral 45 (Science) I made my Klingon (Tactical) which is T2 by now, and we get our ass handed to us everytime in PVP vs Feds (Ground). We aren't premade, but stick together and most Klingons know how to increase our chances. But afterall, Feds hit too hard and can take too much. (I don't think it's me who's the problem, I've done quite a dozen ground combats vs Feds now and it's the same with every team I join).
Surprisingly, I wanted to check out Ground PVP with my Fed this morning for the first time, and we were just overrun by Klingons. But this was my first time so I was probably not well equipped for PVP.

Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael102 View Post
As many people have said Feds have PvE they probably use the same weapons and equipment in PvP as PvE where as klingons have only got PvP so everything is just about PvP holds, max damage and shields.
I've yet to see a single piece of gear in this game that works better in PvE than in PvP, or vice versa. Garbage stuff like deployables are pretty worthless in PvE too, wheras stuff like Viral Matrix is also pretty powerful against NPC ships.

This isn't really a game where the setups are going to differ that much. Ground PvP is spamming CC. Ground PvE is made laughably easy by doing the same.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 03:40 AM
ground pvp is fine feds will be worse off as all they do is pve all day kligons just pvp all day yes you do get your not so good player but apart for that we would be better then feds at pvp