Lt. Commander
Hey -

So i know the game has some bugs, and that it's has proved far far more popular than Cryptic seems to have expected, buy my experience has basically become like playing Russian roulette -

When i log into the game, it sometimes hangs at the "Loading Character Screen" - If it is hanging on this screen, attempting to do anything else on my computer causes it to lock up. Alt tabbing out and trying to force the game to quit even locks it up. Frozen cursor, etc

In addition, whenever i change zones or instances or sectors, basically anything that involves a load screen, there's about a 50/50 chance that it just hangs, flashes "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" on the load screen with the games logo on a black screen, and eventually disconnects me.

Please note: this is not me complaining - I've done enough of these MMO launches to know what I'm getting myself into, and the amount of actual server downtown has been mercifully brief, I'm just trying to determine how similar other people's experiences are to mine.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Little help? Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Only thing i can think of that is not ur usual have u tried turing it on and off again stuff is, if it is mostly when u switch servers i would suggest u find out if ur internet service provider uses traffic shaping technology or some other traffic prioritising system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Make sure you have your proxy settings to "None". I had the same problem and I had set my Proxy to "EU". It was suggested I turn off any Proxy settings I had on. since I turned my Proxy settings to None, I have had no real problems.