Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
Cryptic won't give a XXXX to non Us citizen.

220-260 ms latency from Europe ,thank you very much.(I guess there is money to be made there,UE servers must be expensive).And why crash only a region while you can crash the world.

Downtime when it's conveniant for Us time; thank you very much.I'll start living on the Pst clock.

English Spoken in game,sooo, no Spanish ,french ,german.(not to mention Asia),no localized servers at all.
You just need to make it as best as you can.You need something,too bad.

Well,i need a UE server.
EVE has one worldwide server based in London -- no language specific servers, and no *****ing and moaning from Americans about pings and so on.

Oh, and EVE also does its DT from 11-12 GMT. Go figure, huh? I guess Iceland-based CCP also has it in for European players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
EVE has one worldwide server based in London -- no language specific servers, and no *****ing and moaning from Americans about pings and so on.

Oh, and EVE also does its DT from 11-12 GMT. Go figure, huh? I guess Iceland-based CCP also has it in for European players.
Don't know that game,and i m not interested in it.I'm talking about star trek there.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merls
That's good! In Sydney Australia here and I get 300 - 600 on ALL my games. (Excepting any games that actually let players have their own servers - like most FPS's.)
Well,PvP is ****ed up there ^^ sorry for you
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Get over it. I live in Australia where its all more inconveniant/ worse. We learn to deal.

Of course I remeber soldering my own serial cables to play EGA games against others in the same room so I'm greatful for what I have.
Lt. Commander
# 15
I live in Finland and I haven't noticed any noticeable latency at all and the downtimes and patches only work as a mark that they are working on the issues. So this doesn't bother me really.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
Don't know that game,and i m not interested in it.I'm talking about star trek there.
It's a comparison, another game that just uses one server cluster based in one location to serve the entire world, and most people have little to no lag on it unless it's a problem on their end with their ISP (which it likely is for you).

You cannot blame Cryptic for wanting to host their servers close to them for oh so many obvious reasons. I've worked in a games company that hosted an MMO and believe me having servers close by helps a lot, and even so the hours we had to come in for downtimes was a killer. Right now Cryptic has worked out that despite it being close to midday in Europe when they bring the servers down it has the least amount of people on overall.

But hey you clearly want to ignore logic and continue to throw a hissy fit. The only one who comes off looking bad is you here.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_Bakura
I'm a US citizen, but I live and work in Europe. So are you saying I get treated better than the other EU-based customers because of my passport?

Sweet!

I love this game even more now.
Maybe I did not use the correct words.I'm sorry if it sounded anti something,i'll try to do better.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkiver View Post
It's a comparison, another game that just uses one server cluster based in one location to serve the entire world, and most people have little to no lag on it unless it's a problem on their end with their ISP (which it likely is for you).

You cannot blame Cryptic for wanting to host their servers close to them for oh so many obvious reasons. I've worked in a games company that hosted an MMO and believe me having servers close by helps a lot, and even so the hours we had to come in for downtimes was a killer. Right now Cryptic has worked out that despite it being close to midday in Europe when they bring the servers down it has the least amount of people on overall.

But hey you clearly want to ignore logic and continue to throw a hissy fit. The only one who comes off looking bad is you here.
MAybe the non english speaking community is not reading the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Obviously, Azeroth is calling you to return OP........
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 05:31 AM
According to Random House Dictionary a costumer is: A person who makes, sells, or rents costumes, as for theatrical productions.

According to American Heritage Dictionary a costumer is: One that makes or supplies costumes, as for plays or masquerades.

What do you want to bet the Oxford English Dictionary concurs?