Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
Oh, and EVE also does its DT from 11-12 GMT. Go figure, huh? I guess Iceland-based CCP also has it in for European players.
Your point being?
At least, with CCP/Eve you can put your clockwork to the test with their DT. And it's only an hour, daily. This differs from STO/Cryptic greatly: inaccurate downtimes - even the scheduled ones fall short or start earlier then depicted no to mention being unable to connect at times. I do hope Cryptic will find an answer to theses issues, but until they do, I'll find my joy somewhere else.

SOE has different servers for USA and Europe. For Europe, they go down for maintenance around 0400-0600am GMT once or twice a week (when most of us Europeans are sleeping)... Good choice!

SOE is not perfect, but they understand that with an MMO 24/7 economy/support is a necessity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
My point exactly Jerry,Cryptic smells like a Greedy company.There for the money.(wait and see how the respec system will work).

They did The minimum that could be done with sto.
ANd ,I speak for myself now,I believe the star trek license would have been in better hands with an other MMo develloper,i'm not after the devs,i'm after the board.

To Rkiver,if you do not speak english,you are missing a big lot of a community,and star trek is a big and various community.Some people just don't speak english.( i barely do).
I don't know of a single company in the entire world that isn't out to make money. So are you saying that all companies are greedy? Do you think that everything should be given out for free?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceme View Post
I live in Finland and I haven't noticed any noticeable latency at all and the downtimes and patches only work as a mark that they are working on the issues. So this doesn't bother me really.
Believe me,there is a big latency 250-300+ for us,e if you should ping an 'for exemple" English sever, you would get a 30-40 latency.Now it's not imporant if the Pvp or pve is not high end,but if it is,you are sort of screwed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara
I don't know of a single company in the entire world that isn't out to make money. So are you saying that all companies are greedy? Do you think that everything should be given out for free?
I think you are a morron
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
I think you are a morron
\o/ Ad hominem attacks! By the way, it's spelled "moron", moron.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
I think you are a morron
Typical response from someone that is faced with facts that he/she cannot dispute.

"Can't dispute? Then flame em!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara
Typical response from someone that is faced with facts that he/she cannot dispute.

"Can't dispute? Then flame em!"
Won't ,and i just did
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara
I don't know of a single company in the entire world that isn't out to make money. So are you saying that all companies are greedy? Do you think that everything should be given out for free?
Doesnt excuse them for selling a poor quality game.
But advertising it as the best thing since sliced bread? :')

MMO's (in general) shouldnt cost anything.. after all you're asked to gamble.
To purchase something before you even know if it will work as it should or not.

But okay thats a different topic entirely i suppose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
WONT 'T ,and i just did
What? Sorry, what the heck did you just say? No really, I can't quite parse that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Im in UK, and I don't care about the 11am - 1 pm downtime. Because if it means more stable server performance, bug fixes and content then I'm all for it.

As for latency. Aside from the "rubber banding" which everyone was experiencing, I haven't seen any latency issues lately.

My broadband connection isn't the largest you can get, however my ISP is reknowned for its service and THAT's what I pay for. People need to check their hardware and ISP's before pointing fingers at the devs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 AM.