I have the same issue but this "bug" developed today for me. Before today I was playing just fine, no lag, no non-responsive buttons, etc. Anyhow, I get the "bong" sound as if the item is in cooldown when it clearly isnt and clicking on the item with the mouse makes it work, however that makes dogfighting an almost moot point.
I'm also getting the "You are unable to log into the game at this time" message and was only able to bypass it once. Again, I didn't experience anything like this until today.
I read a post about some Amazon folks who are unable to log in and some Dev came into the thread saying that it's their fault as they had some lame naming convention going on for when this or that grace period would end. I'm a digital download with a month to month subscription that's active, so I'm unsure why I'm receiving this issue. Unless of course I somehow got thrown into that naming convention problem with the Amazon folks...
dont think we'll see any improvement in the UI until they fill the position.
Cryptic Studios is seeking a full-time User Interface Designer. This position is responsible for working with designers, programmers and artists to help create user interface designs for our games. User interface design requires an excellent understanding of human-computer interaction principles, an in-depth knowledge of industry standards for game designs both on console and keyboard and the ability to coordinate UI design vision across a large-scale project.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, Cryptic offers the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of an independent developer. We work hard, we play hard, and we always balance the demands of the job with the personal lives of our employees. We are committed to breaking new ground in gaming and we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game. If you're looking for a position where you can help shape the future of MMORPGs, apply today!
Every day you could be:
* Developing functional and intuitive user interfaces for game systems.
* Creating mock-ups for user interface prototypes.
* Producing high-level screen and game flow models.
* Conducting large-scale usability testing.
What we'd like to see:
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely with designers, programmers and artists.
* In-depth knowledge of video game user interfaces for keyboard and console.
* Knowledge of Star Trek.
* A love of video games -- especially MMOs.
* A portfolio of user interface designs.
* Four-year degree with a focus in UI design is recommended; Master's degree in HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) or equivalent industry experience is preferred.