Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I've just gotten my Collectors edition (thanks for the delay!)
And now i'm redeeming my key... guess what:
It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a payement method. I'll decide in 30 days if there is going to be a payment method. I've got 30 days FREE! I've allready payed. Whats up with this?

Come on Crypyic! Are you absolutely determined to chase me away or what?

I got a closed beta key i've been able to use 1 hour before the close of the closed beta. Got a headstart key i've been able to use one hour before the release. then, since the 8th i've not been able to play because the CE wasn't here yet.

Now this crud?

I feel robbed!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 07:57 AM
You have to go ahead and enter a valid payment method. However, you will not be billed until after the free 30 days, and you can cancel before the 30 days are over and never be billed at all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You have to go ahead and enter a valid payment method. However, you will not be billed until after the free 30 days, and you can cancel before the 30 days are over and never be billed at all.
Great! What if i dont have a paypall account or a credit card and decided i wanted to use prepayed cards just because of that huh?

Again i feel robbed!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeh this is a poor way of handling the subscriptions...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
Great! What if i dont have a paypall account or a credit card and decided i wanted to use prepayed cards just because of that huh?

Again i feel robbed!
I would recommend you get a FREE paypal account, and a FREE debit card from your local bank. The year is 2010
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 08:10 AM
This is the way its done in ALL p2p mmos...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I would recommend you get a FREE paypal account, and a FREE debit card from your local bank. The year is 2010
So Cryptic is now deciding for me, after me paying a lot of money for the <beep> Collectors edition, how i manage my financial business? And by the way, a free debit card? I'm in the Netherlands. I dont think we've got those. And besides. there are different reasons i CANNOT get a debit card, and CANNOT get a paypal account. The only way for me to play this game is by prepayed card. I've had financial problems before in my life i'm still recovering from, which prevent me from getting a paypall or credit card. So basically i am screwed!

Cryptic should have made this clear before i bought the Collectors edition. Now i'm out loads of money and got nothing to show for it. It is a freaking disgrace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
This is the way its done in ALL p2p mmos...
Great! This is the first one i've ever played or considered playing. How the heck was i supposed to know!

I still feel robbed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
So Cryptic is now deciding for me, after me paying a lot of money for the <beep> Collectors edition, how i manage my financial business? And by the way, a free debit card? I'm in the Netherlands. I dont think we've got those. And besides. there are different reasons i CANNOT get a debit card, and CANNOT get a paypal account. The only way for me to play this game is by prepayed card. I've had financial problems before in my life i'm still recovering from, which prevent me from getting a paypall or credit card. So basically i am screwed!

Cryptic should have made this clear before i bought the Collectors edition. Now i'm out loads of money and got nothing to show for it. It is a freaking disgrace!
On the back of your box towards the bottom, it does disclose that it requires a subscription. Sucks that the disclosure isn't to your liking, At least specifically, that it did not disclose the specifics of the paid subscription required nature.

I do have an odd question though, from reading your post, it looks like you ordered the game, what payment method did you use then?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
And by the way, a free debit card? I'm in the Netherlands.
Dude, people in rural Africa can get them.

-np
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:

Great! This is the first one i've ever played or considered playing. How the heck was i supposed to know!

I still feel robbed.
Sorry bud, but it's like this in every single montly subscription MMO there is....regardless of if they give you a free month on purchase.