Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
Dude, people in rural Africa can get them.

-np
Well, given that they are unable to get a debit card or paypal account, I'm suspecting the individual either has such terrible credit that fiscal institutes aren't even offering account service or that the person in question is a minor [or otherwise in custodianship]. Timecards do work wonders for those scenarios. Of course, if it is the later scenario, there are better ways to resolve the scenario than venting on the forums. And if it's the former, not much you can but bite your lip and take it unforunately.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
So Cryptic is now deciding for me, after me paying a lot of money for the <beep> Collectors edition, how i manage my financial business? And by the way, a free debit card? I'm in the Netherlands. I dont think we've got those. And besides. there are different reasons i CANNOT get a debit card, and CANNOT get a paypal account. The only way for me to play this game is by prepayed card. I've had financial problems before in my life i'm still recovering from, which prevent me from getting a paypall or credit card. So basically i am screwed!

Cryptic should have made this clear before i bought the Collectors edition. Now i'm out loads of money and got nothing to show for it. It is a freaking disgrace!

Great! This is the first one i've ever played or considered playing. How the heck was i supposed to know!

I still feel robbed.
If you can not get a Paypal account, it means you have abused the service in such a way that it has caused harm to them and other customers. That is your own fault, so you screwed yourself. Also, with electronic money taking the place of paper money, all developed nations have a debit/credit infrastructure. If you can not get a debit card, it means you either refuse to open a bank account, or you are 13.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Well, given that they are unable to get a debit card or paypal account, I'm suspecting the individual either has such terrible credit that fiscal institutes aren't even offering account service or that the person in question is a minor [or otherwise in custodianship]. Timecards do work wonders for those scenarios. Of course, if it is the later scenario, there are better ways to resolve the scenario than venting on the forums. And if it's the former, not much you can but bite your lip and take it unforunately.
If it's the latter, OP would have *****ed on the forums about something regardless, especially since the need for a subscription choice has been known about since 2/2.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Great! This is the first one i've ever played or considered playing. How the heck was i supposed to know!

I still feel robbed.
That was obvious in your first post...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
On the back of your box towards the bottom, it does disclose that it requires a subscription. Sucks that the disclosure isn't to your liking, At least specifically, that it did not disclose the specifics of the paid subscription required nature.

I do have an odd question though, from reading your post, it looks like you ordered the game, what payment method did you use then?
It was a birthday gift. So basically you're right. I wasn't robbed but the person who bought it was.
And she ordered it, so there was no box on which the terms were listed.

And another thing.... I just opened one of those cursed paypall accounts giving everyone in the damned cia and fbi insight into my financial stuff, but what do you know... i STILL NEED A CREDIT CARD!

"U moet een creditcard toevoegen om de aankoop te voltooien. Dit komt waarschijnlijk omdat de verkoper geen eChecks accepteert. Voor sommige betalingen, zoals directe betalingen, is een creditcard vereist.."

Which basically translates to that the selling party doesn't accept echecks and that for some payments i am forced to get a credit card.

This is NOTHING LESS than THIEVERY! Not delivering a promised product after receiving payment for it. over 60 Euro's were payed for this product and it is useless. Cryptic..... i curse the!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:

I still feel robbed.
I don't know about you, but if I'm going to be spending a substantial amount of money on something I've never been involved with before, I usually do a little research before I purchase it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
It was a birthday gift. So basically you're right. I wasn't robbed but the person who bought it was.
And she ordered it, so there was no box on which the terms were listed.

And another thing.... I just opened one of those cursed paypall accounts giving everyone in the damned cia and fbi insight into my financial stuff, but what do you know... i STILL NEED A CREDIT CARD!

"U moet een creditcard toevoegen om de aankoop te voltooien. Dit komt waarschijnlijk omdat de verkoper geen eChecks accepteert. Voor sommige betalingen, zoals directe betalingen, is een creditcard vereist.."

Which basically translates to that the selling party doesn't accept echecks and that for some payments i am forced to get a credit card.

This is NOTHING LESS than THIEVERY! Not delivering a promised product after receiving payment for it. over 60 Euro's were payed for this product and it is useless. Cryptic..... i curse the!
It said on the website that a subscription is required. Your mommy can't read, apparently.

You can tie PayPal directly to your checking account. That's how mine is set up.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
It said on the website that a subscription is required. Your mommy can't read, apparently.

You can tie PayPal directly to your checking account. That's how mine is set up.
That's what i tried to do <beep>. That's what is not working!

And it's my wife that bought me the CE! Don't make assumptions. They're the quickest road to distaster! Don't they teach that in US schools??
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
That's what i tried to do dumb ass. That's what is not working!

And it's my wife that bought me the CE! Don't make assumptions. They're the quickest road to distaster! You didn't learn very much in school did you?
I don't believe that any woman would willingly marry such a whiny douche, who can't even get a debit card from his bank.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
That's what i tried to do <beep>. That's what is not working!

And it's my wife that bought me the CE! Don't make assumptions. They're the quickest road to distaster! Don't they teach that in US schools??
In store or online though is what I meant there. Just curious, since it looks like you may well have a solution. You should be able to use that payment information, set up the subscription, then immediately cancel it [ just don't select forfeit remaining time :p, that would be bad ], and go forward that way.