Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
02-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splifsend View Post
well ive got 3 lvl 45 characters , ive done all the missions on each , i got everything in game and im real bored, some of you may say i shouldn`t have rushed , but well if you have 15-18 hours a day of time to play games you would have completed the game 3 times over already as well
i can't say its been a great game because it was so short, the content is abit repetative and there no end game so i think i`ll have to go find another adventure
i was expecting there to be a good few months of playing and a intresting endgame to keep me here , but i am deeply disapointed,
on the plus side i can say the graffix are nice, and some of the story missions were quite good, but overall, i have to say MMO? really? didn`t feel like one , lvl 1-45 in 4 days is not what you expect from an mmo, the exp was far too easy to gain maybe if it had be 1-45 in 40days you could say its an mmo , anyway goodluck trying to keep players playing STO , im sure you think of something
You do know that quite a lot of games offer 6-8hours of solo play....total, forever, end of.

or in your timescale, 1 lunchtime eating left over pizza from a pro multiplayer session with noobs where you think you pwned.

you know MMO doesn't mean the games current solo/quest content is indefinite.....it just means lots of players online sharing the same game world/servers. However with these types of games, new content gets added regularly. Not the 20 times a day you need, you pro junkie. But a 4-6 times a year that normal people are happy with.

btw, are you fat? my bet is yes, and if you are not, you must be young, because you will be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
02-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splifsend View Post
well ive got 3 lvl 45 characters , ive done all the missions on each , i got everything in game and im real bored, some of you may say i shouldn`t have rushed , but well if you have 15-18 hours a day of time to play games you would have completed the game 3 times over already as well
i can't say its been a great game because it was so short, the content is abit repetative and there no end game so i think i`ll have to go find another adventure
i was expecting there to be a good few months of playing and a intresting endgame to keep me here , but i am deeply disapointed,
on the plus side i can say the graffix are nice, and some of the story missions were quite good, but overall, i have to say MMO? really? didn`t feel like one , lvl 1-45 in 4 days is not what you expect from an mmo, the exp was far too easy to gain maybe if it had be 1-45 in 40days you could say its an mmo , anyway goodluck trying to keep players playing STO , im sure you think of something
Wow I hate to bash people but really bro? Get out much? I hate to break it to you but no game in existence has 700-800 hours worth of play time so basically you are going to look for your next "fix" and then go to the forums there and bash the game as having no content hahahaha! That is the funniest thing I ever heard a person plays a game for more than half a day for two weeks straight and then actually comes on the forums to complain there is no content. I don't blame you for having that much time in a day but I do blame you for spending that much of it playing one game. Honestly though I think you really need to see someone because only addiction could make a person do what you just did and that goes for playing any game that much and even the outcry you made in admitting to the facton the boards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
02-14-2010, 08:39 AM
/highfive jax

btw, 18 hours a day, every day to play games.....

= less than 6 hours a sleep, how much less depends on how long it takes you to waddle to the computer and whether your Mom toilets and feeds you or whether you do that yourself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
02-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Well there actually is a 'game' of sorts that offers 700+ hours of playtime. It's called 'A Real Life'. Why don't you try getting yourself a copy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
02-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldoth View Post
CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF?

nah srsly though this is the trouble with people now , they rush through a game , you look at the japanese and the koreans they take their time and immerse themselves into it , memorising everywhere they've visited , final fantasy was a great example, US and EU players seem to rush everything so they can say look at me ive got such and such first , then they whine about lack of content
Pleas edon't put this foul behavior off on entire countries because first off I'm sure there are some asian players playing the same way and secondly because the vast majority of us do not have this "server first" mentality, if ten percent of the mmo population plays this way what is the entire point of worrying about what country they are from? I'm American and I think the op is a total tool not just for playing that way but for not having the foresite to see that this is what would happen (just as I'm sure it's happened to him in every game he's played).

Odds are you may be American or European and that overall you may have a point I only question why make the point in the first place when what I also say is true and basically invalidates your point anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
02-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridonslaught
EVE, at present to get all skills to V it will take about 20 some odd years.
That's hardly game time, since all you're doing is sitting on your duff after earning the ISK to train those skills.

And if you think STO is repetitive...try going from 0.0 to 10.0 standings with any one faction, and I mean the EMPIRE factions, not just their sub corporations. You're only talking on the order of months, maybe a year, but the mission stories offered are so generic, they make the most mundane STO exploration mission's text look like Tolkieen in comparison.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
02-14-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm bookmarking this post so if I ever feel down about myself, I can look at the OP's post and remember. Hey, at least I'm not a sad enough mess of a human being to have 18 hours a day that are spent all on a video game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
02-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow...just wow.. you need to get out and live life. Are you playing the game in a bathroom? with a fridge? I feel for ya man. i really do. I play as much as i can and i'm head start and i'm only 41.

Wow just wow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
02-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Well there actually is a 'game' of sorts that offers 700+ hours of playtime. It's called 'A Real Life'. Why don't you try getting yourself a copy.
Real life= Vaporware
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.