Lt. Commander
# 1 Teaming up
02-14-2010, 08:39 AM
My wife and I usually play together as a team. I know in alot of the other online games it is common and we can share quests and do them together. Will we have a problem with that in this game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 08:46 AM
You wont have any problems doing that, i m doing the same with 2 friends, just select --closed team-- in team set up so you guys can be alone in quests and stuff
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Not at all, I don't think I've seen any quests that require you to play alone. Bear in mind, though, that both you and your wife will require separate accounts to play on. Just thought I'd point that last part out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 09:01 AM
My fiance and I play together, we just made ltc last night. The only problem we've come across is that when one of us triggers a dialog, both of us get it. That wouldn't be a problem except sometimes it's a pain to close the dialog windows if I'm done reading and she's not...either it will close both or it will open mine again. It's not a major bug, it's just kinda annoying.

There's also an issue with beaming to space docks (like earth, k7,ds9, etc), it will ask it we want an away team, most of the time it just shows the two of us in the away team box, but sometimes it wants to bring our bridge officers too, not sure what triggers that.

Sometimes we're not in the same instance on the sector map, even after playing for a while, but that can be easily fixed by one of us switching instances.

Overall, I'd say that the teaming is good, there are just a few minor problems that could be done better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosatus
My fiance and I play together, we just made ltc last night. The only problem we've come across is that when one of us triggers a dialog, both of us get it. That wouldn't be a problem except sometimes it's a pain to close the dialog windows if I'm done reading and she's not...either it will close both or it will open mine again. It's not a major bug, it's just kinda annoying.

There's also an issue with beaming to space docks (like earth, k7,ds9, etc), it will ask it we want an away team, most of the time it just shows the two of us in the away team box, but sometimes it wants to bring our bridge officers too, not sure what triggers that.

Sometimes we're not in the same instance on the sector map, even after playing for a while, but that can be easily fixed by one of us switching instances.

Overall, I'd say that the teaming is good, there are just a few minor problems that could be done better.
The game does its best to make sure you both wind up in the same instance, but sometimes one of your instances reaches max capacity before the other manages to join.

As for the bringing BOs down to spacedock, I've gotten that dialog too while playing with friends, but I don't think it's ever actually brought them along. I'm sure that's on Cryptics todo list.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 09:19 AM
The only way you would have any issues is if one of you became 8+ levels higher than the other. This is because of the "up-scaling" that is currently in place where if you're in a team with a High Level and a Lower Level player, any new spawned mobs in the instance, or when the instance is formed, will spawn at the level that the highest team-member is.

For instance, when one of my friends was Lieutenant Commander 4 and I had just hit Captain 1, they asked if I could help them on a mission they were having trouble with. So, I teamed with him, went to his mission instance and helped him obliterate the ships he was having problems with. Then, as the mission progressed, more ships spawned. When those ships spawned, they were +16 levels higher than my friend, spawning at my level instead. Needless to say, I had to stop helping him because he would continuously get shot once or twice and die. Same thing happened with the next ground mission we tried.

This is a very unfortunate oversight that was probably put in place with good intentions to lessen power-leveling. Unfortunately, it made the simple task of helping a lower-level friend once and a while almost impossible unless you wanted to do the whole mission for them while they sat back far far away.

This is something that I feel needs to change and some sort of other penalty should be put in place in its stead when dealing with a large level gap in team mates.