Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Pve is redundant...

Mentality was mixxed between mature Trekkie fans and complete noobs. Can't say it's worse on fed side (though it is only because that's where the bulk of the server population is). Pvp queues have anywhere from 30 to 130 people waiting to pvp, barely anybody on Klingon side. Which is crazy because the PVE in game is pretty worthless. Anyways, has anybody else seen this to be the bigger problem vs. Viral matrix etc...
I only PvE as my fed (his not really set up for PvP and would just embarase me and the Surian race as a whole) as a Klingon I have done my share f ground PvP. However I wont stay in a map where its 5 vs 2 getting ganked over and over again is no fun. I can only do the same mission so many times before I am completly bored of it. Deserted facility is probably my favourite as its a fraction larger than then others and feels like an old facility.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Pve is redundant...

Mentality was mixxed between mature Trekkie fans and complete noobs. Can't say it's worse on fed side (though it is only because that's where the bulk of the server population is). Pvp queues have anywhere from 30 to 130 people waiting to pvp, barely anybody on Klingon side. Which is crazy because the PVE in game is pretty worthless. Anyways, has anybody else seen this to be the bigger problem vs. Viral matrix etc...
I don't know, the pve isn't terrible. Some of the missions are obnoxiously bad and some are ok. I even enjoyed a few of them.

Some of the writing will outright offend a star trek fan. Some of the writers appear to not really be familiar with the series enough to make fiction that is consistently befitting the franchise.

Not knowing that undine can't teleport, or be easily detected by their biogenic field is one thing - but having one of the first missions be a federation firing unprovoked on a klingon vessel trying to warn the ship that they are dealing with an infiltrator is just terribad.

Like b-movie bad.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
- but having one of the first missions be a federation firing unprovoked on a klingon vessel trying to warn the ship that they are dealing with an infiltrator is just terribad.

Like b-movie bad.
Yeah, this is definitely true, which is surprising given that some missions are at a very respectable level of quality. One wonders why they would let such drivel into the game in the first place.

Also the whole plot arc with the klingons felt bad. Klingons detect Undine infiltration in gorn hegemony, move to counter it (and rightly so). Feds condemn the Klingons who were only acting on behalf of the safetey of the alpha quadrant. Klingons annex archanis leading to war. I mean WTF, not only is that lifted and butchered from DS9, it doesn't make sense.

At least the Romulan plot arch sorta made sense.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
At least the Romulan plot arch sorta made sense.
90% of it was cannablized from other sources like the books, just wait till you have to kill the romulan doctors or beat a ship full of undine.