Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have not had any graphics problems with the game so far. I played lastnight and had no problems. After patching this morning and logging in I am unable to play. The graphics have become so bad I can't see anything but random shapes unless I keep the camera angle at just the right spot and even then most of the screen is blacked out. I have tried adjusting the various video options and even gone as far as turning everything to off or to it's lowest settings. While this has helped clear the screen I still get random shapes going through the screen as I move either in a station or in space.

I have the latest drivers for this card. I made sure of that and even reinstalled them this morning.

I would appreciate any suggestions that can be given on this. I will try whatever it takes to get this working again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
i have the 4850 graphics card. Screw ATI drivers, use the microsoft WDM drivers. i have same issues with GW and WOW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozpayen View Post
I have not had any graphics problems with the game so far. I played lastnight and had no problems. After patching this morning and logging in I am unable to play. The graphics have become so bad I can't see anything but random shapes unless I keep the camera angle at just the right spot and even then most of the screen is blacked out. I have tried adjusting the various video options and even gone as far as turning everything to off or to it's lowest settings. While this has helped clear the screen I still get random shapes going through the screen as I move either in a station or in space.

I have the latest drivers for this card. I made sure of that and even reinstalled them this morning.

I would appreciate any suggestions that can be given on this. I will try whatever it takes to get this working again.
I have the same problem as above with my wifes comp but she runs the ATI Radeon HD 4650. we installed the game and it required a driver update. I did the update and now the game is unplayable random colors, blackouts you name it. did something get missed in the last patch I have reinstalled the drivers about 20 times thinking its on our end

Please cryptic help me get her as hooked on the game as I am
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2010, 10:39 AM
just fired up Champions and guess what...it's having the same issue. I am starting to think that this new driver from ATI is the problem. I am going to try and find an older version to download or something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2010, 10:51 AM
If you have updated your drivers and getting the problems just rollback your drivers to the previous one.

Goto "Device Manager" in control panel.
Goto "Display Adapters".
Right Mouse click your graphics card and select properties.
Then select "Driver" tab
And click Roll Back Driver.

Hope this helps !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-14-2010, 11:07 AM
You dont even need to do that. I followed this post and he was correct it fixed the problems I was haveing.......no driver rollback required.

I just started a thread that recommends that you update directx. If you have tried everything else, you might try this, just run a search for: directx redist feb 2010 (I downloded from softpedia, bout 110mb). This fixed all my problems with an ati card on windows 7 (I think its a windows 7 issue and not a card/driver issue). If you have tried everything else, might as well give it a shot. Note: the exe extracts the files to a folder of your choosing, just run dxsetup as an administrator after that then reboot.

trust me 15 min work and I am up and running
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-14-2010, 11:44 AM
First I want to say I appreciate the suggestions.

I downloaded the directx files as advised and applied them...no change.

I also tried the rollback option but the rollback button is grayed out and not selectable.

Any other ideas?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddybits View Post
i have the 4850 graphics card. Screw ATI drivers, use the microsoft WDM drivers. i have same issues with GW and WOW.
so this WDM driver? where do you get this? I searched for it but get pages talking about audio drivers and video capture drivers but nothing about video display card drivers.

If you could be a bit more specific on where to get this I would like to give it a shot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I have an ATI 4850 HD card as well, crashes the game at least twice a day, especially in ground combat...where are these WDM drivers you speak of? I've gotten the new directx 11 already, no change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadelokk
I have an ATI 4850 HD card as well, crashes the game at least twice a day, especially in ground combat...where are these WDM drivers you speak of? I've gotten the new directx 11 already, no change.
Install ati's radeon HD 3200, (laptop version or pc version, both same) then updated 3200 one time, and you should be fine. its what i did, but i do notice it lags more on ati antialiasing buffers and gpu output gets choked, make sure hypermem is on, this makes a difference. set antialiasing off or to lowest setting 2x, then turn off shaders and dynamic lighting fx, and see if that clears the lag gpu choke.. hope this helps a little. btw dx isnt the issue, its the driver "from" ati cards, the dont have the right gpu throtle specs from the game yet, some sort of code malfunction on newer ati drivers are the problem and need to be patched. My friend on champions is screaming about it too, lol... so from 2 gamers on multiple comps and laptops, i hope this might help some peeps........:p:p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 PM.