Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 61
02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
He's just giving you a knee-jerk response because he heard the word "Nazi" and that's the response - that they all were supreme evil.
It's not a knee-jerk response. They were not all supreme evil.

Nazism is evil, and it encouraged evil in the hearts of those who followed it. It's essential premise of the right of might and racewar is corrosive and antithetical to enlightened civilization.

My response is based on the convoluted logic I've seen before in trying to rationalize stuff people wish were true, or trying to be so 'open-minded' that just about anything falls in.

History isn't black and white, but it's not one solid fog of gray, either.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiSilver
Easy. Ruins and Dust. Ruins and Dust with a huge war-debt. Thats how you describe post ww2 germany Before Hitler got to power.
Again, i do not like Hitler. I do not stand for what the nazis did.

and im not saying its "All right to torture children, if it is for a good cause." Mr. Zahinder.
And for Mr/Miss YuriFoxfirega, let me say this. I try to view history in a gray scale, never black and white. If that is naive to you, the go ahead and think so.

After WWII The "Nazis" werer out of power and Adolf Hitler was dead...so how did he get to power POST-WW2?

I think you mean "post-WWI" - typing "post-WW2" is only creating confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
If I remember the episode right, didn't they all become born-again Christians or something?

Or am I remembering the Roman thing. Hrm.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
oh, well the Ms. YuriFoxfirega *bows* a pleasure to meat you.

why use good/evil? It describes the commonly accepted view of the situation. There is a problem with Moral and Immoral, and that is that Moral changes with time and place. What is moraly acceptable here and now can be immoral in 50 years. Homosexuallity is the perfect example of that.

As Cassalan said it, if it is more negative than possitive, it is evil, if it is more positive tahn negative, it is good
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I think at this point it is best to close the thread down. Politics are not allowed on our forums and this thread is just too much of a politics discussion by now.

If you worry if a certain behaviour in game or on forums can get you banned, it is best to always make sure if you follow our terms of service and user guidelines.

As for the forums we have our Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and i close this thread down now.

Much thanks,

Dionaea
Closed Thread