Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
I've just gotten my Collectors edition (thanks for the delay!)
And now i'm redeeming my key... guess what:
It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a payement method. I'll decide in 30 days if there is going to be a payment method. I've got 30 days FREE! I've allready payed. Whats up with this?

Come on Crypyic! Are you absolutely determined to chase me away or what?

I got a closed beta key i've been able to use 1 hour before the close of the closed beta. Got a headstart key i've been able to use one hour before the release. then, since the 8th i've not been able to play because the CE wasn't here yet.

Now this crud?

I feel robbed!
I read through most of the thread and I can see some people already mentioned that the box states that a subscription is required (something you should always read before opening the box to obtain the retail key... even in a situation like this where your account was already created and the game already installed.)

In addition to the box, the TOS (terms of service) state that a subscription is required, and subscriptions have been common in MMO's since the late 1990's.

Also, the main web page, and the launcher, have both had blurbs on them talking about a lifetime subscription to the game.

I know it sucks to not find the support you hoped to find. That is what we all want when we feel wronged and admitting that something is partially our own fault is tough. But that is life. If you read the box, the TOS (which you agreed to), the forums, the launcher, or the web site you would have seen mention of a subscription being required.

What else can Cryptic do?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metricsimpleton View Post
I read through most of the thread and I can see some people already mentioned that the box states that a subscription is required (something you should always read before opening the box to obtain the retail key... even in a situation like this where your account was already created and the game already installed.)

In addition to the box, the TOS (terms of service) state that a subscription is required, and subscriptions have been common in MMO's since the late 1990's.

Also, the main web page, and the launcher, have both had blurbs on them talking about a lifetime subscription to the game.

I know it sucks to not find the support you hoped to find. That is what we all want when we feel wronged and admitting that something is partially our own fault is tough. But that is life. If you read the box, the TOS (which you agreed to), the forums, the launcher, or the web site you would have seen mention of a subscription being required.

What else can Cryptic do?
Blah blah blah.... exactly what cryptic did. Redeem the retail key of my Collectors Edition and allow me to play. They've redeemed my key, with a customer pending thingy for my subscription. So i can save the prepayed card i've bought yesterday and serve my 30 days in peace.

Thanks Cryptic. Good to know you actually care for your customers and listen to their complaints. AND ACTUALY DO SOMETHING FOR THEM TOO!

You're great cryptic. You've proven your hearts to me and i'll tell everyone who cares to hear it!

Warp one.... engage
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-24-2010, 10:59 AM
If you have a prepaid Visa gift card or something, then use that. It's still a valid form of "payment" for the sub; however, you can input the number and then cancel it out and still finish off your free time. Maybe then you can play online and STFU.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx_PghPA View Post
A quick Google search shows that the banking system in the Netherlands is fairly primitive. Credit cards and debit cards seem to be fairly nonexistent.
Yes because a system that hands out cards to anyone and everyone which they can use to pay for things with money they don't have is far superior...

Oh and the 'pot' comment compared to the opening sentence of your post... pot calling the kettle black much hmm?
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
And another thing.... I just opened one of those cursed paypall accounts giving everyone in the damned cia and fbi insight into my financial stuff, but what do you know... i STILL NEED A CREDIT CARD!
Wait.. can you explain to me why someone in Europe (Denmark was it?) believes that the US FBI and CIA would be monitoring the financial information of a foreign civilian in a friendly country ? Is this latent paranoia the reason you dont have a debit card to begin with ?

Besides, it would more likely be Interpol or the NSA that would be watching your money anyway.