Lt. Commander
Okay, little confused here.

A few days back, the release notes said they had fixed name changes (from the c-store only notation). Now when I try to change a name on a Bridge Officer (because I screwed up the spelling when I originally renamed him) it gives the maddingly annoying 'Change Name Only At Log In' message.

Anyone know what this means?

I have looked and looked and see no option for this anywhere in the login screens.

Another bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 05:28 PM
same here. i can't find it at log in. what am i missing?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Not sure if it's exactly it, but once while doing something to a BO, i got booted, and the window for making changes to the BO stayed up through login. I didn't want to mess it up so i closed it, but it was the one where i could change names and such.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagizero View Post
Not sure if it's exactly it, but once while doing something to a BO, i got booted, and the window for making changes to the BO stayed up through login. I didn't want to mess it up so i closed it, but it was the one where i could change names and such.
Lol - so that's the real reason behind all the server crashes! It's how we're supposed to get to the name change window.

Of course, why didn't we see this before!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Weird bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post
Okay, little confused here.

A few days back, the release notes said they had fixed name changes (from the c-store only notation). Now when I try to change a name on a Bridge Officer (because I screwed up the spelling when I originally renamed him) it gives the maddingly annoying 'Change Name Only At Log In' message.

Anyone know what this means?

I have looked and looked and see no option for this anywhere in the login screens.

Another bug?
No they changed it specifically to that because yeah, people were asking about it. Apparently from what that means is that it wont be in the c-store and be an option on the login page. When it'll be who knows ^^
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Just tried changing my name again.

Same error message at mouse over, however...

Even though the name boxes are 'grayed' out, I was able to click-drag over my name and highlight it. At that point I was able to type in a new spelling (all the time the box it was in stayed grayed out).

Huzzah! That is until I saw the price....

3000 Starfleet Merits to change the 'short' (primary) name. And then an additional 1500 to change the 'given' name box below.

Well, the paultry 415 merits I have doesn't come anywhere near close to this. Ah well, maybe when (if) I make it to Admiral I might have enough saved up, if I buy nothing else in the mean time.....

Now, I understand the need to charge for a name change, but it seems like this price is way too steep.