Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
You might find folk arent listening to chat or watching it as they most likely have Zone chat disabled due to Gold Spammers and idiotic conversations that happen in it.
I know Ive turned it off myself however I always make sure its turned on before entering any kind of Fleet Battle.
I wasted 5 hours on the CE the other day kiting, torpedoing the CE and watching chat in frustration as folk just did not have a damned clue. best we got her down to was 28 percent then some idiots decide to lay minefields and blast shards and whoop up she goes to flipping 80 again.
This should be a Group Instance with the leader being able to /boot idiots out of it entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
personally Im glad they havent pandered to the whiners about this things difficultly. Guess what its meant to be really really hard and its meant to only be taken down when there is a lot of cooperation. Got teamplay issues? get your fleet to join the same instance or get a bunch of people to join an instance. In reality they probably just havent listened to the whiners, that works too
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe, just maybe if someone posted a short, comprehensible guide instructing people like myself who havent been able to get there yet, instead of the 'why isnt everyone as good as I am?' posts, and calling everyone F**ktards in zonechat. All we want to do is finish the mission too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramhotep View Post
Maybe, just maybe if someone posted a short, comprehensible guide instructing people like myself who havent been able to get there yet, instead of the 'why isnt everyone as good as I am?' posts, and calling everyone F**ktards in zonechat. All we want to do is finish the mission too.

Agreed!

And what doesnt help is the disabling of ZONE CHAT due to gold farmers.

Played this one for about 2 hours last night with 3 other fleetmates..... never got the CE below 20% because inevitably some new players would come in and start dropping mines.....gave up on it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramhotep View Post
there is one. search it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
so why are mines bad anyway just out of curiosity? i dont have them just wondering. Surely they kill the shards right?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrium View Post
so why are mines bad anyway just out of curiosity? i dont have them just wondering. Surely they kill the shards right?
In my experience, it has been the reverse. Because both items disappear it seems that people think the mines blow up the fragments. The fragments are blowing up the mines counting as doing damage to something thus healing the CE.

There were only 2 of us in my instance last night, me and 1 guy dropping mines. He didn't take damage but dropped mines. CE went from 90% to 100% instantly upon the fragments he was training hit his mines.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDestiny View Post
Just - I appreciate your frustration, it comes through, but A) no need to take that first replies bait and be baited, and B) if you slow down and actually constructively set out the CORRECT strategy, people might improve on a confusing content and situation.

I've not tried CE yet, frankly I'm afraid to waste my time. I've seen constant chatter in ingame chat by players expressing frustration that other players ruin it over and over so they can't get it done. It sounds like that other one with the Borg area where players keep killing the Repair Hubs and ruining the attempt for players - in one case we tried 8 times and no matter how hard we tried communicating, some player would still destroy the repair hubs and ruin it for everyone.

So, in real summary:

1 - Cryptic: Stop designing our content to rely on PUGS to read and listen... its not good gameplay and its not good design. If you're going to provide PUG driven content, make sure your dos and donts are clearly stated in mission objectives that players (even blind ones) can read and see. Other games have done this by putting the mission "Donts" clearly in red text with a counter, and when the counter is reached, it says FAIL. These content points don't clearly say it enough for the knumbskulls and they're ruining your content and our gameplay.

Further, Cryptic, it has been said that some of the problem, like as with the Borg one mentioned above, is you're combining content such that some players are actually after those objectives that ruin it for other player's objectives, so there's a conflict because you've combined instances serving multiple quests, and they ruin it for each other. If this is true - Double bad design on you.

2 - To the OP, while we're waiting on Cryptic to add clarity and content refinement (see point 1 above), you could be more clear in stating what the objective strategies really are (the do's and don'ts at various stages)... otherwise, this thread is a bit of a waste of everyone's time.
i completely agree that a definite lack of clarity regarding rules of engagement for these missions is causing not only confusion, but also mass irritation for people who know what to do but are being held back by people who do not know what to do. Cryptic may not realise that mission instructions are not clear enough. Perhaps english is not their first language. however this issue being addressed would benefit a lot of people.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 01:52 PM
It was incredibly stupid before they changed it, now it's incredibly stupid in completely the opposite way. Maybe one of these days Cryptic will learn how to tweak something, but until then we'll just have to get used to gigantic see-sawing until it eventually settles at the right place a year or so later.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarfMann View Post
It was incredibly stupid before they changed it, now it's incredibly stupid in completely the opposite way. Maybe one of these days Cryptic will learn how to tweak something, but until then we'll just have to get used to gigantic see-sawing until it eventually settles at the right place a year or so later.
In one of the many CE threads on these boards I saw the easiest and most elegant fix to this encounter ever.

at 25%, 50%, 75% you have marks that it can't heal back beyond once it gets injured past that point. so if you hit it down to 61% it can't heal past 75%, if you get it down to 1% before a group of people faceplant into a bunch of fragments it can't heal past 25%.

I wish I could remember who put forth that idea, but I can't.