Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
I think its because its seen as exploiting to the people that created the game. THEY see it as though you are bypassing all the content they created that they expect you to see.
How is it bypassing anything? If people want to level up solely through PvP, according to the devs, they can. That's pretty much bypassing the whole game. So I don't understand where you get the idea that the creators put this in place to force people to march through their content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iiillume
Absolutely agree with this, on all levels.

It also fosters a culture of more patient people at top level, people who like being able to go back and help others out are less likely to pitch hissy fits about how little end-game content Cryptic provides.
It also would let a lot more people REACH end game where they could then turn around and pitch hissy fits about there not being any content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iiillume
How is it bypassing anything? If people want to level up solely through PvP, according to the devs, they can. That's pretty much bypassing the whole game. So I don't understand where you get the idea that the creators put this in place to force people to march through their content.
Your right. Itas not really the content. Its more likely the first part. The part where they see it as a exploit. To ME this explains why they react the way they do. Im not defending them, Im trying to explain whi I think they have reacted the way they have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
It also would let a lot more people REACH end game where they could then turn around and pitch hissy fits about there not being any content.
People who are going to pitch hissy fits are going to pitch hissy fits, regardless. Discouraging the type of personality who enjoys spending their time helping others and supporting those who are struggling will not in any way reduce that. The people who get help because they're lazy will still get to endgame, and who knows, they might be even more likely to pitch fits because it was harder to get there and they demand more for the effort, you also can't design to cater to the hissy fit crowd because they'll never be satisfied. It makes more sense to design for the helpful, positive, contributing people.

It's hard to respond to all your points when you keep going back and editing them in as I'm responding. I don't recall anybody on the dev team ever mentioning teaming with lower players as an exploit. It'd be easy enough for them to put that in the rules, manuals, stickies, or anywhere at all, rather than code a twitchy system that semi-hobbles it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
So you are now telling them to ignore your first post? The one where you say what YOUD like to see?
Because if they stop listening to the people complaining...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
So you are now telling them to ignore your first post? The one where you say what YOUD like to see?
Because if they stop listening to the people complaining...
You have an interesting definition of 'hissy fit'. I am contributing my feedback in a feedback forum, not leading a protest and telling people the game sucks and to quit, etc, which is more my view of a 'hissy fit'. Nowhere did I ever say they should ignore those people, only that there's no real way to satisfy them, especially when their claim is 'not enough content' and they blow through the entire game in the first week of release. Nobody can satisfy that kind of appetite, and the teaming system as it is obviously hasn't ameliorated their dissatisfaction.

My point, a minor side one in a larger set of issues in case you missed it, was that people who enjoy helping others create their own sustainable extra content, and are a more placid crowd that's easier to satisfy-- and it makes no sense to alienate them. That if, as you're suggesting, this is an attempt to stem the tide of complaints or stop people from reaching endgame easily, it's actually working against the people who might get to endgame and turn their attention to helping their friends.

But the core of my position here is the same as it was in the beginning-- this is not a good solution to handling these missions, it doesn't work consistantly, and it works against people who are genuinely trying to play together while doing nothing significant to hamper people who are just trying to drag a lower character along, as those people can just stick the lower character in a sheltered spot and do the mission for them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Dont understand why you are upset over only being able to invite 5 into your party. Its the universal instance/mission/quest party number. Every game has that. This game bases the number of enemy contacts in a mission off of the number of people in your party.

I have not had the problem with getting dumped into a different instance for the same quest as a party member. Just hasnt ever happened. Dont know what either of us are doing differently. Just seems confusing.

You might be confusing the mission level disparity with that of the exploration and defense missions. I have, as a Rear Admiral 5, gone and helped my friends that are lower tiers on their missions. Not once has those gone up to level 45 for them. I cant go into a defense or an exploration mission for that reason. Something about being a Lt commander and fighting mirror universe people just doesn't sound fun.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 AM.