Lt. Commander
# 581
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyara
But at least it's useful for my crew. Still haven't seen any charts for multiple tribble breeding. Anyone know of any?
There is no reason to expect that breeding multiple tribbles together will give any new results, and doing so would make the space of combinations so huge that trying to track and analyze the results would be impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 582
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
There is no reason to expect that breeding multiple tribbles together will give any new results, and doing so would make the space of combinations so huge that trying to track and analyze the results would be impossible.
Rofl, nothing is impossible... just extremely hard to do
Lt. Commander
# 583
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
I'm sorry, you'll have to explain that a bit more clearly, i don't get it.

We know the chart isn't complete also cause we have 1 picture of a Tribble we haven't been able to breed. This guy; http://sto-intel.org/images/b/b9/Tribble_Unknown5.png
You have to pardon my thinking, being both a "Breeder" and an ex programmer. The name expresses a formula/ratio of 4/3, and you can see three abilities on a trible, with four possibilities to create. The formula ts expressed in the name of the grain that was to be protected in the episode "The Trouble with Tirbbles"

It is possible that that "Additional Picture" is tribble that is either "Never used". Programmers always leave things like this in either as "abandoned ideas" or "Maybe for later"...

The most interesting clue is that Quadrotricale is a 92% food that prodiuces no "Special" tribble.

I do admit I could be all cold here, but I don't think so.
Lt. Commander
# 584
02-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Ok, spreadsheet updated again. Did a thorough run though again this time, so it should be completely up to date;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png

On that note, please please please if you do a test, submit your data here. I found other charts that had info my did not even though I added everything that was posted... that means people are getting data and sending to a single person, but not posting it. We have several people keeping charts here, if test results aren't posted we'll end up with 3 or 4 incomplete charts, but none that are actually complete unless we take several hours to match them up. (like I just did)

I get the point you were making Cyrus, and I agree the Quadro is very odd, I've been trying to figure that one out myself. I guess I still odn't grab what you are trying to propose it means exactly, besides something is odd there.
Lt. Commander
# 585
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Riv + Osol = Spa
Lt. Commander
# 586
02-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_Ramsey View Post
You have to pardon my thinking, being both a "Breeder" and an ex programmer. The name expresses a formula/ratio of 4/3, and you can see three abilities on a trible, with four possibilities to create. The formula ts expressed in the name of the grain that was to be protected in the episode "The Trouble with Tirbbles"

It is possible that that "Additional Picture" is tribble that is either "Never used". Programmers always leave things like this in either as "abandoned ideas" or "Maybe for later"...

The most interesting clue is that Quadrotricale is a 92% food that prodiuces no "Special" tribble.

I do admit I could be all cold here, but I don't think so.
I think it's far more likely that, given that Daxter was mis-named to begin with, it was probably messed up in the database completely.

On further review - there are 0 comparative data points between Daxter and Vitales to be sure - but is it possible that Daxter is using the same breeding chart as Vitales?
Lt. Commander
# 587
02-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Riv + Vulcan Spice Tea = Stacy
Lt. Commander
# 588
02-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Couple things I noticed missing:

Mattson + Tulaberry Wine = Stahl
Mattson + Klingon Heart of Targ = Dotson
Lt. Commander
# 589 Exchange rated
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Is there a guide for the buying/selling of tribbles...ive started breeding and im finding people are selling on the exchange for either ridiculously high or low prices. is there a compilation of going rates that are on the more accurate side. the way the exchange is set up its hard to tell what people actually pay for and what just sits there and never gets bought.
Lt. Commander
# 590
02-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Mattson + Romulan Osol Twist = Sparkes

That finishes the Mattson 72% food.