Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes, I remember the sun, I was flying towards one when the server crashed and now my ship has probably melted.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Bioware does not make bad games.

Everyone else in the industry needs to be looking o Bioware to know how to make games.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
So in the end MOST people think that ALL MMO's and games should be flawless upon release AND it should be perfect??

Reality check isle 15 please
Beam me up FFS NO intelligent life forms down here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
I am willing to bet Warhammer still has more active subs than any of Cryptic's previous games.
Not to defend one side or the other, but let's see...

-nearly 30 years of tabletop lore and history in gaming vs. a few years of lame super hero games-

I think WarHammer takes the field on that one without a real bit of concern, though why did WAR just suck?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmens View Post
Not to defend one side or the other, but let's see...

-nearly 30 years of tabletop lore and history in gaming vs. a few years of lame super hero games-

I think WarHammer takes the field on that one without a real bit of concern, though why did WAR just suck?
Never mind I see what your getting at...

That company never had any experience with MMOs... this company does. That is not a valid excuse.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
Bioware does not make bad games.

Everyone else in the industry needs to be looking o Bioware to know how to make games.
Correction. Bioware makes good RPGs. Since >75% of MMORPG customers seem to have little to no interest in RP, it'll be interesting to see whether Bioware dumps their RPG heritage (in which case they're making something they have zero expertise in), or whether they actually make an MMORPG, in which case I can see the rage posts now. "ZOMG TOO MUCH TALKING, WHEN CAN I LIGHTSABERZZ!"
Lt. Commander
# 17
Somebody should let Biowares forum trolls know they don't ever make mistakes.

RTO was bonered from the day it was announced, and it was 85% pre existing content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
Bioware know how big star wars franshise is and how big star wars galaxies mmo was- and it wotn be a single shard server- they got alot more clout then cryptic has- its BIOWARE- then name says it all - they got alot more capital to invest in getting a better product out!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
Tell me, how long has Star Trek been out again?
Tell me, where do the words Star & Trek show up in that post? The point was Cryptic's MMO history of working with ONLY super hero games vs. a game company that focused on one concept and did it right, yet the MMO of said game still fails from my point of view.

The 'idea' of Star Trek has never been an MMO, nor something one could consider a playable multiple player concept, while WarHammer was built on the ideal of numerous players from any walk of life engaged in direct interaction and game play.

Put simply, STO and WAR are, in one person's opinion, both failing at this point. The press on both is grim and the player base, once other games like WOW's Cataclysm and SWTOR hit, will eat away at all but the most fan bias players (this is an assumption of the MMO histroy we have seen over the last few years).
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Just because a company is good at rpgs doesn't make them MMO pros. I'd like TOR to be awesome simply because a good Star Wars mmo would be nice however they've got EA's expertise in that field to guide them along so.....