Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
You are going to be sorely dissapointed with swtor if they release teh same gameplay thats in beta now. For it to compete with the likes of wow, the gameplay as it stands needs a MASSIVE overhaul. Oh, and it's not sandbox like in any way. It's more Guild wars type instanced gameplay. It's not even free roam, apart from a few social areas.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmens View Post
Tell me, where do the words Star & Trek show up in that post? The point was Cryptic's MMO history of working with ONLY super hero games vs. a game company that focused on one concept and did it right, yet the MMO of said game still fails from my point of view.

The 'idea' of Star Trek has never been an MMO, nor something one could consider a playable multiple player concept, while WarHammer was built on the ideal of numerous players from any walk of life engaged in direct interaction and game play.
Its been edited re-read it, I realized misinterpretation after I posted.

Ill reiterate, Cryptic has had a decent amount of experience with MMOs. Table top games and MMOs are VERY different. Cryptic should know how to make an MMO by now, while Games Workshop has never even touched online gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 01:13 PM
It won't be Bioware's first time handling the SW franchise, they'l be ready for the flood. I just hope the game is more than join the Jedi, save the galaxy...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Man, I am going to fav this thread so when ToR is up and down more then a russian hooker I can necro it and LOL all the way til server comes up.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Anyone one who's played a bioware game kotor dragon age mass effect cant wait for tor...

Just their regular rpg as an mmorpg will sooo rock.

TBH i really wish bioware had made a start trek...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post

Ill reiterate, Cryptic has had a decent amount of experience with MMOs. Table top games and MMOs are VERY different. Cryptic should know how to make an MMO by now, while Games Workshop has never even touched online gaming.
Edits on both sides it seems.

I will agree, Cryptic is damn well 'deep enough' into the MMO field to have good ground to start upon, which is why this launch of STO seems so strange and off-center to many. GW may have tons of money and history as to allow them to launch a MMO with some guts, but even that did not fair all that well.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post

And, to my knowledge, haven't still.

WAR was built by Mythic, backed up by deep pockets of EA.

Also. WAR = "Just suck"? (someone in this thread uttered just that) ... really? ...

Well, tell you what. WoW 2 will be a long time coming. You might want to find a non-MMO hobby in the meantime.
Lt. Commander
# 28
It wouldn't take a lot to make a game with better mechanics/interface than STO. Star Wars has a good chance.
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Oh so EA has a stellar track record with MMOs do they?
From what I have read EA is only a distributor for BioWare on this project. EA has 0 say so over any of the games development.
I was very concerned when I had learned that EA had gotten its money hungry hands on such a great Company.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drussaxe View Post
Anyone one who's played a bioware game kotor dragon age mass effect cant wait for tor...

Just their regular rpg as an mmorpg will sooo rock.

TBH i really wish bioware had made a start trek...
You couldn't make any of those games into an MMO. A) people would freak out at all the talking. B) people would freak out when the game ended after 30-40 hours.