Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I think phasers are the best weapons with the cap, just really annoying there are no phaser heavy cannons on the vendors, if the cap were gone I suppose polaron would take number 1 spot, plasma damage proc is weak(but I do like the plasma cannon effects), tetryon proc seems weak too, and I'd rather turn an entire subsystem off then a bit extra damage(too bad vendors have disruptor hvy cannons but not phaser).
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuggy
Alright. I'll bite.

Educate me on how what your saying related to me when I run mostly with weapon power focued. Tell me how the well known fact that lower power levels equals greater returns, with higher yielding higher diminished returns. How on my cruiser beam broadsiding boat that I recieve even less yield from a few points due to most times being at a much lower power range due to drain, even with EPS regulators.

How the crit, crit severity, and accuracy on those antiprotons are not comparable with the variables, which arent on diminished returns, are such a bad choice, in light of other alternatives that are.

Cause i am severely confused and boggled over what the hell your trying to make a point of.
efficiency doesnt give any extra power at a 100 base while performance does, it was in responce to the person saying that weapons performance was a waste of points.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollio View Post
smoke less crack rock. Both of these weapons suck for the simple fact they use admiral skill points. All weapons do the same basic damage regardless of type, the *only* difference is procs. The antiproton proc is probably the best damage add but spending 9 of you 16 total admiral skill ups to max this isn't worth the minor increase in damage you'd see, while at the same time horribly gimping your admiral skillset. For skill point cost, Dirsruptors are the best bang for the buck.
Wow man, I've bashed on forums as much as the next man, but gezzzs the guy just asked a question. A bit of calm reserve might be appropriate here.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
Wow man, I've bashed on forums as much as the next man, but gezzzs the guy just asked a question. A bit of calm reserve might be appropriate here.
The girl just asked the question, but yeah, the insult was a bit much.

People around here just like to troll and antagonize me is all.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
just really annoying there are no phaser heavy cannons on the vendors, if the cap
goto the exchange.

Its true there are a lot of idiots who over price stuff, but at the same time there are a lot of people like me who sell things just a tad below resell price.

I end up buying most of the stuff i dont get with exp badges at the exchange.
And u will find great deals on common items like phasers.

Its if u want the rare stuff like tetryon and polaron that ur gonna have to do a little paying.

But if ur a RA, on fleet action maps, u should be getting about 30-40k in drops from straight replicator sales every fleet action event that passes.

Usually 1 or 2 deflectors at lvl VIII or up sells for 10k each, and the prize u get if u get within the top 3
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I personally like mixing the energy types up and focus on delivery method. Most of the secondary effects don't stack so it better to get a mix, it also make the defense harder. They don't know if they are going to get a plasma fire, subsystem down, shield drain, or damage increase.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
@ stacking:

found the following in the forth post of the season one release notes (march 24th):

Plasma weapon DoTs are now set to stack instead of replace. Previously if the same player proc’d a second DoT using the same power it would cause the duration to refresh but not start a new DoT.

i know assuming is nice, but i think spaceweapons are included.

im using disruptors myself.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I have been looking into this myself. What i have found is it might not be the best weapon type but by far it's proc. is very powerful. The ability to drop all power levels by 25 is a big, big plus while fighting. In pvp i have had several people tell me how much of a problem polaron weapons can cause. Reducing the overall performance of everything can make a big difference in a fight.

I guess like any other weapons it all depends on your play style, class and ship you fly. On my science officer i have tried other weapon types but overall i still have to give it to Polaron.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Weapons...
02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I tend to like a polaron/tetryon combination. The tetryon will rip shields and the polaron will slow down ships and damage systems.

As far as ordinance, I tend to favor chronoton projectiles. Which is strange because I thought that transphasic would pack a bigger punch, but if a ship gets its shields to start recharging, the chronotons will bypass shields sometimes.

Tri-colbalts are nice, but mainly against stationary targets. I have yet to pick up a Large Plasm torpedo launcher.

However, if you can get tactical consoles that enhance beam damage, and torpedo damage then you can spend points on those weapon proficiencies...

You may want to research resilient or covariant shields w/ a positron deflector...

It just depends on your combat proficiencies.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2011, 05:05 PM
while i do use anti protons with crit severity i find those weapons mixed with another weapon bring the bar up for damage.