Lt. Commander
# 1 Cant even play!
02-14-2010, 07:05 PM
So i dont know what the problem is but the lag is getting worse not better since i logged in about an hour ago i get lag spikes that last 1-2 minutes and this is only getting 30 seconds to a minute of play before i get one of those giant lag spikes. then on top of that i get disconnected every 5-10 minutes then takes forever to log back in.

i know its not my internet because i played some other online games and streamed some hulu.com at the same time and they were both lag free.

is there anything i can do on my end because as it stands right now i cannot play the game at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
run nettest and tracert. Just because you can do other things does not mean there not a connection problem. every uses different ports different IP different packet envolopes so are handles differently by routers and isps.

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

Column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

also try using the differnt proxy options in the launcher it does help some depending on thier situation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 08:46 PM
so i ran that program and and column 1 and 3 were around 450ish on all of them and column 2 was 16-17 on all of them so does is that bad or good?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 08:54 PM
well it indicates that at the time of the test there doesnt appear to be blocked ports or filtered ports (at least the ones tested) . what did the tracert show.
also what sound card are you using. (realtek 64 bits sound cards drivers can affect on board nic connections.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
im using realtek not sure if its 64bits but im using vista 32bit
anywho ill have to check tomo im off to bed but thanks for the help and ill check into this tomo have a good night.