Lt. Commander
# 41
02-14-2010, 08:17 PM
the only thing that irks me about the cloaking is the fact that the Klingons now have magical plot armor that stops all incoming damage while they cloak. That's the real dealbreaker for me.

Klingons can swoop in, do their alpha strike, and the jet away and become invincible to wait until their timer is done recharging. A return to the beta standard of torpedoes continuing to deal damage to a target dumb enough to drop their shields and cloak in the middle of a battle would go a long way towards fixing the problem, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
So basically everything is fine...its not the cloak or the Fed ball thats the problem...they are both difficult tactics for the other to counter as the best/easiest response to the other's strengths.

The problem is how we are allowed to participate in PvP. The queued "play date" PvP basically encourages and equates to organized stalemates...with only the side willing to throw caution to the wind being beaten...and honestly, who wants to lose.

Remove the queue and instead open up PvP into a non-predicatable, non-heads up engagements and a lot of these problems go away. Give us something to fight for and you get more action.

See, the Feds are designed to defend with the ball...anything the KDF wants that the Feds have will require we activly engage them...that means come out of cloak in order to fight for what we want.

Klingons who possess an asset, thus have something to lose, will be forced to defend it out of cloak...Feds who want it will have to venture out(in their Ball no doubt) to acquire it.

KDF will have to try and attrite the Feds when they least expect it in order to maintain their combat strengths when engaging the Feds.

The Feds will need to try and move in mass to sweep out the KDF and intimidate use from engaging...while utilizing the Ball to defeat small un-organized strikes by the KDF.

Cloak is fine, Fed ball is fine...the current PvP scenerio/environmemt/content is whats failing us.
You're correct. Like I said, it just needs a work around, not nerfing. And I totally agree, we need spontaneity in PvP. 5v5 deathmatches just contribute to the problem.

I would LOVE open warzones with objectives, and more people. Give things a chance to get hectically crazy. Sure organized groups can be just as deadly in any amount, but let's have a reason for some real war. PvP really needs something at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remrant View Post
the only thing that irks me about the cloaking is the fact that the Klingons now have magical plot armor that stops all incoming damage while they cloak. That's the real dealbreaker for me.

Klingons can swoop in, do their alpha strike, and the jet away and become invincible to wait until their timer is done recharging. A return to the beta standard of torpedoes continuing to deal damage to a target dumb enough to drop their shields and cloak in the middle of a battle would go a long way towards fixing the problem, in my opinion.
Its not magical plot armor its a combination of very specific defensive abilities (also incidently available to federation player who bother to read) that increase our damage resistances coupled with Brace for impact...
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes, Klingon cloak should drive Feds into a more defensive stance, thus the ball. Is this good for the game/pvp?

It is to some, and to others it's not.

You can please some people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time, so now you see the light, ya better stand up for your rights!
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remrant View Post

The devs havent changed anything from beta, regarding torps on cloaked ships, except the visual(yeah cryptic...I see what you did!).

All they did was cause the damage on a timer...basically we take damage a certain amount of time after the torp is launched(provided it was fired while we were still under lock). By the time the toro hits us after long flights, the damage it did was already applied sometime before.

They hoped we wouldnt see it during the chaos, buts obvious with a little observation that cloaked ships are still taking damage because torps are still allowed to hit well after we cloak. There is no client/server check for torps vs cloaks after they are fired. I repeat, they just apply the damage independent of the visuals for torp impacts...they frequently apply the damage before they actually hit.

So cloak ships are actually getting screwed still. I see those guys rushing to get to 9.99km on me so they can spam thier torps for a "gimme" hit before I cloak...no matter how long it takes to hit me during its magical track and impact on me.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Just make the sensor scan buff last longer and maybe up sci vessel passive detection a little bit, if it were too easy to spot them cloaked then it'd kind of remove the point of it leaving klings with hp gimped ships for little gain.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
The devs havent changed anything from beta, regarding torps on cloaked ships, except the visual(yeah cryptic...I see what you did!).

All they did was cause the damage on a timer...basically we take damage a certain amount of time after the torp is launched(provided it was fired while we were still under lock). By the time the toro hits us after long flights, the damage it did was already applied sometime before.

They hoped we wouldnt see it during the chaos, buts obvious with a little observation that cloaked ships are still taking damage because torps are still allowed to hit well after we cloak. There is no client/server check for torps vs cloaks after they are fired. I repeat, they just apply the damage independent of the visuals for torp impacts...they frequently apply the damage before they actually hit.

So cloak ships are actually getting screwed still. I see those guys rushing to get to 9.99km on me so they can spam thier torps for a "gimme" hit before I cloak...no matter how long it takes to hit me during its magical track and impact on me.
Solution = cloak at 10k+ from pursuers
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Solution = cloak at 10k+ from pursuers
Then what is the point of battle cloak
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
First off, it's not overpowered. Does it have issues? Yes it does. PvP is a mess atm, and the sooner Feds and Klings realize the real issue, the faster PvP can get on track, cause atm, PvP is dying and taking the Klings down with it.
This is where I stopped reading. If you think you hold the only truth on the matter; good for you.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie86 View Post
Then what is the point of battle cloak
Getting 10k away takes only a mere second or two. and it doesn't guarantee that no on will pursue you..if no one is pursuing you you can recloak after what seems a REALLY long time in PvP.

Battle cloaking in the middle of the battle and not expecting to get popped is just silly.