Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Since when was just hiding for ages and ages tactical and/or strategic? Is this the super special bore them to death strategy?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-15-2010, 12:01 AM
look I think something needs to be cleared up here....

the guy's not whineing because he lost, what he's annoyed about is the BoK group refused to engage at all.. this isn't "smart tactics" the fact is if you don't wanna fight at all quit the god damned match don't sit in the zone and effectivly waste the time of the 5 people on the other team who are presumably there to fight.


and yeah that IS cheap, but given the maturity we saw from blood of Khaless pre-launch (or more specificly lack thereof) this doesn't suprise me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Nothing you said excuses people cloaking for 15 minutes, or until the sides are uneven, because the people on the Klingon side sucked so bad they couldn't win with even numbers. You're just going all over the place to excuse their stupidity. I love the Klingon faction, but the way people are behaving in this thread makes me want to switch to the Fed side.

Just because PVP isn't perfect, doesn't give Klingons an free-pass to do what ever they want, and act like cowardly dogs because they can't win an even match. You're going off on tangents that have nothing to do with this situation. Sorry I'm not buying it.
Well if you think about it, if they are losing so badly it isn't an even match is it? :p

5 good feds vs 5 mediocre klingons isn't really a fair fight now is it?

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that there is no such thing as a fair fight. It doesn't exist. It can't. Because not all things and not all people are equal. From purely a numbers perspective, sure 5 v 5 might appear to be fair, but that doesn't mean it is.

Now i'm not excusing their behavior personally (i know you werent talking to me, but im just speaking in general here) and I personally lack the patience or the male ego to sit around and waste 20 minutes of my time because I am paired with failboats, but technically speaking I don't see how this isn't a valid tactic.

There are no timers on the matches, and even if there were neither side would've won because the OP said the final score was 6 to 6. So even having a timer wouldn't have accomplished anything, both teams still lose. Or if it's one of those situations where when even score, the first team to score the point wins, the klingons would have won. So modifying the system in such a way wouldn't have helped this situation not to mention it would simply cause even more greiving in the future. All you'd have to do is run up and blow up a single ship then escape and voila, you win. Just wait for the timer to run out.

Fairness is a relative and subjective term and frankly I don't believe in it because nothing is really fair. That goes for life as well as PVP in games, someone ALWAYS has the advantage, even if occasionally it's mostly luck.

It may be cowardly or dishonorable to sit in cloak all game long, but the alternative is asking those klingons to run head first into a battle they KNEW THEY WOULD LOSE. So in my opinion, it's no different than asking fed players to leave the fedball because it puts them in situations they KNOW THEY WOULD LOSE in.

You can't have one faction just sitting there in what equates to a heavily camped, impenetrable fortress sitting there trying to provoke people into attacking it head-on and then getting angry when they wait safely outside the range of their fortress waiting for them to instead come out and face them on their own terms.

This is what battle is about. Not fairness, but victory. You always want to put yourself in the position where you will win.

You can't chastise the enemy for wanting to win and using everything in their power to secure that victory when you yourself are prolonging them game simply by staying in your already tactical advantage and refusing to leave it. It's just not logical.

You see this kind of mentality in FPS games all the time, everyone hates snipers and campers. In america's army, the developers got so tired of people complaining and crying about other players camping, that they made the game change the word "camping" whenever it appears into "using tactics" lol. That's hilarious in it's self, but the fact is no one likes to lose and that is what this boils down to. No one on either team was willing to lose. Both sides were content to sit there in their own advantages for indefinite amounts of time, wasting their own and everyone else's time in the process, simply because ALL 10 OF THEM were too stubborn to end it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-15-2010, 12:03 AM
its called guerilla warfare...patience is a combat asset. Its call attacking when the enemy is weak...attacking where they are not. Complacency and combat ready fatigue are all aspects of ambush warfare...it just takes longer to achieve for pre-planned "play dates". The enemy comes readied and anticipating combat...you have to wait until that subsides.

open pvp war areas fix all that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
Since when was just hiding for ages and ages tactical and/or strategic? Is this the super special bore them to death strategy?
This may be a foreign concept but anyone wanting to avoid pain or death runs and/or hides from it.

Everything from weak kids at school that run, hide, and avoid bullies to terrorists who hide in hidden bunkers for years on end trying to avoid being executed.

You can call it cowardly if you want, that is your opinion, but you can't say it isn't tactical because it most certainly is.

It is FOOLISH to attack head-on an enemy force that you KNOW will defeat you. Ever heard of sun tzu? Maybe give him a read some time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
This may be a foreign concept but anyone wanting to avoid pain or death runs and/or hides from it.

Everything from weak kids at school that run, hide, and avoid bullies to terrorists who hide in hidden bunkers for years on end trying to avoid being executed.

You can call it cowardly if you want, that is your opinion, but you can't say it isn't tactical because it most certainly is.

It is FOOLISH to attack head-on an enemy force that you KNOW will defeat you. Ever heard of sun tzu? Maybe give him a read some time.
*fed imamation incomin* Sorry too busy rolling face on keyboard to win! Don't have time to read.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
I'm not BoK.

I'm actually pretty sure BoK people hate me.

But I will say this: You are a whiner and need to go cry elsewhere.

If you don't like losing, then maybe you shouldn't PVP. Regardless of how much skill or lack there of the BOK people may or may not have had, the bottom line is you're just sad in the pants because you wanted to win and couldn't get it.

You made the right call to leave the game if you weren't enjoying it even though you are probably exaggerating about the game length as that is what all whiners do, but coming to the forums to QQ about it was a bad move. Aside from venting your angst to feel better, what exactly do you hope to accomplish? You want BoK to disband? You want them to kick those 5 members just because some whiner posted their names on the forum? What exactly do you want other than attention and sympathy?

You'll get over your little tantrum then it'll be all over, I recommend you just go take a little nap and have some juice. If PVP makes you so angry, you should really stick to PVE.

Clearly you did not read/comprehend this thread, along with your innate ability to assume things you must be one of the most fail trolls I have ever seen in my forum experience. I will not validate anything you say with meaningfull content as you will not be able to understand it.


On a side note we just faced the almost exact BoK premade, and this time they fought. 2 Murder fleet on vent + 3 good PuGs. The outcome of the game is not important at all, however is was a very fun match for everyone.

So you could say my post accomplished what was intended.

Thank you to that BoK team for a very enjoyable match!


Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
its called guerilla warfare...patience is a combat asset. Its call attacking when the enemy is weak...attacking where they are not. Complacency and combat ready fatigue are all aspects of ambush warfare...it just takes longer to achieve for pre-planned "play dates". The enemy comes readied and anticipating combat...you have to wait until that subsides.

open pvp war areas fix all that.

There are other tactics Klingons can use to dominate Feds besides ambushing and battle cloak. The fact that they ran into a team that their tactic failed on is no excuse to wait 15-20 minutes between engagements. It is time griefing and making excuses for it, or the players doing it is bad and embarrassing for Klingons as a whole.

Take the loss, understand why you lost, then re-que in a better formation and setup of ships. THAT is tactics, that is preparing for the engagement. A pre-made has no excuse to time grief as a valid tactic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Clearly you did not read/comprehend this thread, along with your innate ability to assume things you must be one of the most fail trolls I have ever seen in my forum experience. I will not validate anything you say with meaningfull content as you will not be able to understand it.


On a side note we just faced the almost exact BoK premade, and this time they fought. 2 Murder fleet on vent + 3 good PuGs. The outcome of the game is not important at all, however is was a very fun match for everyone.

So you could say my post accomplished what was intended.

Thank you to that BoK team for a very enjoyable match!


Za'Rex

Za'Rex
Yes, yes, same childish retort most people use when they have nothing meaningful to add. The ol "Well you can't even read and didn't comprehend anything!". In the realm of people who use capitalization and punctuation in forum arguements, that is the equivalent of coming back with a "Your mother".

What ignorant folks like you are confused by is the simple reality that people can read and understand exactly what you say and still disagree. Shocking I know, the concept that you aren't right 100% of the time and that anyone who disagrees simply MUST have misunderstood something you said.

So yeah, in other words, you fail. Again. Please try again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhamatos View Post
You do realize your talking to Klink pvp vets who rerolled Feds to pass the time, right?...

K, just checking...
-BIG smile-
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 PM.