Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Skills
02-15-2010, 01:47 AM
When assigning bridge officer skills do I need to assign the maximum 9 skill points or not.

I have one officer where I have assigned 4 skill points to ground skills and 6 skill points to space combat. This will give me enough points to promote the officer, once I have reached Lt.Commander.

My question is: If I donít assign the full 9 skill points, will the officer work less effectively with the 4 points for ground skills than if I assign the full 9 skill points?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerdean View Post
When assigning bridge officer skills do I need to assign the maximum 9 skill points or not.

I have one officer where I have assigned 4 skill points to ground skills and 6 skill points to space combat. This will give me enough points to promote the officer, once I have reached Lt.Commander.

My question is: If I donít assign the full 9 skill points, will the officer work less effectively with the 4 points for ground skills than if I assign the full 9 skill points?

Thank you.
Bridge officer skills work slightly differently for ground and space abilities.

A bridge officer's skill in their space abilities reduces the recharge time of the abilities.

A bridge officer's skill in their ground abilities increases the magnitude and/or duration of the ability.

Hope that helps - you might find the bridge officer section of the Character Basics guide linked in my sig to be useful, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Trekkerdean,

Indeed, with 9 skillpoints invested in a skill you get more bonus (+18) then when investing only 4 skillpoints.
So even if your ship's console limits your BO to Ensign ability only, it is still worth investing in that skill for the full 9 skillpoints