Lt. Commander
Or at least that is what GPU Z is telling me. The second GPU has 0% load while the primary is at 80%.

Just to make sure GPUz wasn't broken i also checked with Far Cry 2. With that game both GPU's are utilized.

CCC is also reading the same thing that GPU'z sees.

I am not currently using any GPU limiting settings.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
It's not Cryptic's fault that Ati hasn't supplied a Crossfire profile for STO yet. Besides microstutters, the requirement for CF / SLI profiles is one of the major drawbacks of multi GPU solutions.

Your problem may or may not be solved in one of the upcoming Catalyst driver releases. Check the release notes if they mention a STO CF profile has been added.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
It's not Cryptic's fault that Ati hasn't supplied a Crossfire profile for STO yet. Besides microstutters, the requirement for CF / SLI profiles is one of the major drawbacks of multi GPU solutions.

Your problem may or may not be solved in one of the upcoming Catalyst driver releases. Check the release notes if they mention a STO CF profile has been added.
**Cries**

An ATI profile is not going to help because the game has to be coded to use dual/multiple GPUs. This is why buying SLI, Crossfire, or GTX295 ATI5970 is not always worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 04:35 AM
STO should and does utilise both GPU's at least on my 4870x2 under XP and Win7

ive played arround with rivia tuner and checked over time that both GPU's are being used but if you run STO in a window or fullscreen window then SLI does not work you need to makesure STO is running full screen

under video troubleshooting makesure multicore rendering is still switched on, it should be on by default
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSWasabi
**Cries**

An ATI profile is not going to help because the game has to be coded to use dual/multiple GPUs. This is why buying SLI, Crossfire, or GTX295 ATI5970 is not always worth it.

It does use dual GPu's and even tri-gpu's. It's a fault in the driver for the latest GPU hardware. ATI and Nvidia have already acknowledged this, and ae ushign out driver updates and hotfixes faster than ever before to fix it.