Lt. Commander
# 141
02-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltec
Comming from eve, the answer is simple. Their only crime is taking advantage of other peoples stupidity.
Eve is meant to be unmoderated and cutthroat, but most games aren't ESPECIALLY games oriented at casual PVE like this one. In a blizzard game for example, they punish actions like this and restore the lost goods, i've seen it plenty of times.

Cryptic should do the same to provide the same level of customer service... But it seems unlikely.
Lt. Commander
# 142
02-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
Eve is meant to be unmoderated and cutthroat, but most games aren't ESPECIALLY games oriented at casual PVE like this one. In a blizzard game for example, they punish actions like this and restore the lost goods, i've seen it plenty of times.

Cryptic should do the same to provide the same level of customer service... But it seems unlikely.
Think of this another way. It is teaching the gullable that trust should be earned not handed out willy nilly. A good lesson in life.
Lt. Commander
# 143
02-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Think of this another way. It is teaching the gullable that trust should be earned not handed out willy nilly. A good lesson in life.
Oh I agree. I'm not disputing the fact it was a stupid move and have faith he will walk away from the experienced more calloused, untrusting, and with less faith in his fellow man. I'm just saying most games frown on this sort of activity and take steps to recoup the person's losses, even if it was their own mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 144
02-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Well said! To OP. If you are the Admiral/leader/officer of your fleet and you have allowed anyone permission to loot what they like then I would seriously learn how to run a Guild/Fleet/Kin. All recruits go on a 30 day settling in period before even being made a member and then only trusted officers should be allowed to move or withdraw anything from the bank.

See it as a painful lesson and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 145
02-15-2010, 04:37 AM
*facepalm*

Granted I didn't read the past page, but.. if the system's permission is broken, then it's broken. It isn't the OP (or OP's leader's) fault this happened.
Lt. Commander
# 146
02-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyarH View Post
*facepalm*

Granted I didn't read the past page, but.. if the system's permission is broken, then it's broken. It isn't the OP (or OP's leader's) fault this happened.
That's what I was wondering.... keep seeing these people posting about how it's someones fault for giving the person permission to steal.... except the control mechanisms in place are broken. People are not being given permission to access what they are taking, instead they are gaining unauthorized additional access privileges due to a fault in the mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 147
02-15-2010, 04:52 AM
I cant understand how its broke. The last fleet I was in before joining my old LOTRO kin. I was a recruit and had no access to money or items other than being able to see them. How is that broke?

Just restrict everybody. Don't put any EC in the bank.
Lt. Commander
# 148
02-15-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna
I cant understand how its broke. The last fleet I was in before joining my old LOTRO kin. I was a recruit and had no access to money or items other than being able to see them. How is that broke?

Just restrict everybody. Don't put any EC in the bank.
It's an exploit. I'm not going to list how to do it here, but it's known.
Lt. Commander
# 149
02-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyarH View Post
It's an exploit. I'm not going to list how to do it here, but it's known.
Ah, I see. I honestly didn't know. Hopefully they will fix it soon.